VOGONS

First post, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recently got around to modifying my BIOS and adding in the microcode for Tualatin CPUs. I have two PowerLeap PL-P3/SMP adapters with 1.4-S processors installed.

When I try to start the system with these, I get a black screen. Other Slot 1 motherboards will boot (though they usually lock up as I don't have another one that was designed for P3 chips, nor have I updated their microcodes.)

Anybody here have any ideas on what will fix this? I have attached the BIOS I have been using, it can still boot the 1GHz Coppermine chips, so I know the mobo and BIOS are fine. I have another ROM with even more Tualatin microcodes that also doesn't work.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 1 of 2, by i486_inside

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is it possible that the board will not post at 133mhz.
The P6DGU was designed for 100mhz fsb cpus have you tried adjusting the fsb jumpers on powerlead to see if it will post
www.powerleap.com/pdf_files/PL-P3SMP.pdf

Reply 2 of 2, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I have (though for whatever reason, it was the last thing I came up with) - the board can usually run the SL4BS processors at 133MHz just fine though.

And at 100MHz, still no luck. I also tried 66MHz, also no luck.

I suspect the mobo is weird because I flashed an ASUS P2B-DS BIOS just for the sake of it and I still get the SuperO OEM logo, implying some other ROM is active and is probably the culprit.

There has to be a way around it though, because until I updated the BIOS, this was exactly how it reacted to the SL4BS's I want to upgrade from.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)