VOGONS

First post, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i want to buy some cache chips for my 486 boards, that is, 128k*8 sram chips and 32k*8 tag chips. can someone give me some common model numbers so i can search for them?
for example, one board comes with 4 umc um61512ak-15 sram chips, which are 64k*8. and tagram is alliance as7c3256-15pc, which is 32k*8.

Reply 1 of 6, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ISSI IS61C1024 seems to be the most readily available 128k*8 chip, mostly 15ns binning (the suffix for the DIP type you want is -N, IS61C1024-15N). Winbond W24257AK is a decent 32k*8, 10ns available.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 2 of 6, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i need to necro this thread because i want some more tag ram chip models. while i have bought some W24257AK-15 tag chips, now i want some faster ones(-12 or -10) and they are less plentiful to find, and when i find some i kept wondering whether they are remarked from slower models(they are all laser engraved, while -15 ones are white painted).

Reply 3 of 6, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

TAG is just a function not a chip. You can use any SRAM chip as long it's the right capacity and speed. If it's slow it will still work but with more wait states.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 5 of 6, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kixs wrote:

TAG is just a function not a chip. You can use any SRAM chip as long it's the right capacity and speed. If it's slow it will still work but with more wait states.

okay then, can you guyz give me some common 32kb*8 sram models so i can search for them?