VOGONS

First post, by Turboman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got this Intel ram expansion board that came in a 286 above board box but I don't think it's the one that came with the box originally. The manuals show a 16 bit card and layout that looks much different from the one I have here. I tired plugging in it my 5160 but it didn't read it. Does anyone know what model this is and where I can find the switch settings for it? it has 72 slots I assume it can take up tp 2mb but not sure. It is almost full the chips are HM50256P-15 I was going to put in some M41256A-10 but I'm not sure if it is compatible with it.

DSC08021.jpg

DSC08023.jpg

DSC08024.jpg

DSC08025.jpg

DSC08026.jpg

Reply 1 of 1, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, this is a 2MB Aboveboard. In order to function in your XT, you need to load a driver. I can't remember the name of the intel version. It might be MM.SYS.

*edit*
Your board appears to be missing memory. Since there are still two chips present in one of the empty banks, I would guess it originally held the full 2MB, and somebody removed it. As it stands, you have 1.5MB installed in your board. The switches probably need to be adjusted to reflect that, or the missing chips replaced (or both). The manual for this card should be readily available.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium