VOGONS

First post, by 0Danne0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone!

Bought this today, couldnt resist for rougly 3 dollars its on is way by mail right now 😀

209246413_654b634e-d548-4045-8e25-b2d2b34debc8.jpg

It was complete in original box with user guide. No drivers but the seller claimed that no extra drivers where needed, sounds a bit unlikley to me.

Well if anyone has info, drivers etc please share, Tried Google found nothing . It uses a gameport, how old is it?

/Dan

Reply 1 of 8, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is probably a standard Gameport gamepad, so I doubt it would need drivers in DOS, and should work on Windows using the standard gamepad drivers (just remember: no plug'n'play)

Reply 3 of 8, by 0Danne0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeap thats correct its infared transmission, and there are two controllers using the same dongle. Thats why i think it needs drivers (maybe a generic) should be intresting to see what the user manual says about it when it arrives 😀

Reply 4 of 8, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had a IR Keyboard once.
I ditched that heap of crap faster than a 14 year old pregnant her unborn child.

My YouTube Channel

Reply 6 of 8, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Whilst not a PC, the Sega Wondermega MKII has an IR gamepad and that was awesome, proving that this was a real possibility back then so your gamepad might be really good.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 7 of 8, by 0Danne0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ive been using this gamepad for a while now, playing some pod and nfs hot pursuit 2. And its really awsome it changed my opinion about ir devices, its very responsive comfortable and the battery seems to last forever. It uses generic two and four button gamepad Windows 98 drivers depending on what mode your using. I can highly recomend it.

Unfortenly i didnt get it to work with commader keen and jazz rabbit do you need a special dos driver? Help!

Advices on epic arcade games that run on win 98, amd k6-2, gf2mx400 is greatly appriciated!

/Dan