VOGONS

First post, by squareguy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know a lot of you have differing opinions on what the perfect build should be but lets face it, the choice of case is a major component of any ultimate build and its choosing should never be taken lightly. I myself prefer mostly quality, beige, thick steel, OEM type cases. I think they are simple, elegant, functional and have an understated sexiness about them. I occasionally venture outside of my trusted beige OEM cases in a similar way that I sometimes have chocolate ice cream instead of my more preferred vanilla. This is the case that truly deserves an ultimate build! So, what parts would you stuff in this box?

kitty-03.jpg

I just could not resist the urge to make this post 😉

Gateway 2000 Case and 200-Watt PSU
Intel SE440BX-2 Motherboard
Intel Pentium III 450 CPU
Micron 384MB SDRAM (3x128)
Compaq Voodoo3 3500 TV Graphics Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
Western Digital 7200-RPM, 8MB-Cache, 160GB Hard Drive
Windows 98 SE

Reply 1 of 9, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

🤣 I don't have a response for this one...

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 2 of 9, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Reminds me of this:

HotWheelsPC3.jpg

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 3 of 9, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Here is the perfect laptop to go with that case 😁 :

qGzmkRM.png

0D4kNal.png

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 4 of 9, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What would really be funny is if you ended up putting the most powerful and expensive PC parts into that case and turned it into a gaming beast, noone would ever suspect. Oh the ironic goodness.

Reply 5 of 9, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It happens: My daughter's PC is in an Inwin Allure, my modern PC is in a Coolermaster Cosmos 1000. And it's a better PC then mine. 😊

My PC:
Core2 Quad 9550
4GB DDR2
SATAII HDD
Asus 24" LCD

Daughter's PC:
Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB DDR3
SATAIII SSD
Asus 27" LED

allure_1-z.jpg

s872647880395601532_c42_i1_w407.jpeg

Last edited by tayyare on 2015-08-07, 05:57. Edited 1 time in total.

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 6 of 9, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

as far as wtf case designs go, that isn't that bad, be ashame to spoil his smile by putting something in a 5.25 bay though.
In keeping with your chocolate vs Vanilla choice, Something that's interesting but not your preferred choice?
E.g. I prefer Intel & NVidia so building a AMD/ATI PC running WinME, an OS I would never install usally

Reply 7 of 9, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
squareguy wrote:

I know a lot of you have differing opinions on what the perfect build should be but lets face it, the choice of case is a major component of any ultimate build and its choosing should never be taken lightly. I myself prefer mostly quality, beige, thick steel, OEM type cases. I think they are simple, elegant, functional and have an understated sexiness about them. I occasionally venture outside of my trusted beige OEM cases in a similar way that I sometimes have chocolate ice cream instead of my more preferred vanilla. This is the case that truly deserves an ultimate build! So, what parts would you stuff in this box?

kitty-03.jpg

I just could not resist the urge to make this post 😉

I would not even build anything into that case. Don't like it....
If I had to, I would do a pure 2005 Socket-478 P4-Build.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 8 of 9, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'd shove a decent AMD system there (with a floppy controller) and a GTX 750. Then install Windows 10 and change the default color scheme and make it match the cat's shade of yellow, with a wallpaper about kitties. Then all one needs is a matching monitor. Failing that I'd just get a beige CRT and cover it with cat stickers.

Reply 9 of 9, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wonder if you can convert that cat case into a cat trap? Seems like the only practical use and the only way to make it redeem itself for it's blot on the history of mankind.

As we seem to be posting the Toys-R-Us case collection, well, I could think of some stuff which meets the requirements, but I'd probably piss everyone off if I posted it.

@tayyare; I grabbed a Cosmos out of someones trunk - I asked first this time, they were taking it to the dump and just let me walk away with it - I plan on using it for my new build. Got a free Radeon 2600XT with it too... Might as well have come with a bag of garbage in it or something for all the good that will be, it could have had spiders in it, I like spiders so that would have been favorable.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)