VOGONS

First post, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm doing some benchmarking and ran into this issue.

I'm sure I read about this recently, it had something to do with DirectX and replacing a file, but I couldn't find it through the search...

I'm doing some benchmarking with Nvidia driver 45.23.

GeForce4 Ti, GeForce3 Ti and GeForce4 MX work well. I'm using PowerStrip 3.2 to disable V-sync.

However when I try to benchmark a TNT2 M64, I get a black screen in D3D games. On some games I can hear background music. I can't ALT+TAB, but I can shutdown by pressing the power button.

I'm confident that someone else know what I'm talking about and can help me out 😀

Thanks

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 1 of 2, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I did a bit of googling on this matter, but only found people recommending using an older driver revision. BTW You can use Coolbits registry tweak for older Nvidia cards and that allows You to
disable vsync separately for Opengl and Direct3d games.
I spent half of tonight messing around with a Pentium MMX@250 on an Epox EP58-MVP3C-M board whilst having a frustrating time attempting to get a PCI tnt2m64 working. It was an IRQ conflict
caused by me not loading the Via 4 in 1 driver. Most likely the lack of the IRQ routing driver was the culprit. Worked beautifully after that with 29.42 driver.
I have attached Coolbits if You want it. You will have to rename extension from zip to reg, it isn't zipped.
While I'm at it, thanks for the Youtube vids, very enjoyable.

Attachments

• Filename
    coolbits.zip
    File size
    1.63 KiB
    Downloads
    47 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 2 of 2, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks for the reply!

I will try out that driver version and see if it resolves the issue. If it doesn't, it's not a big deal, just means that the lowest NV card will be a GeForce2 type card.

Also thanks for coolbits. Will also check it out. The main reason I use PowerStrip is because it also works with Matrox and S3 cards, so it's a great one for all solution. But depending on the driver and card, I have to use different versions.

YouTube, Facebook, Website