VOGONS

Kyro 2 SE

Topic actions

First post, by xenu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The last PowerVR graphics card that hit the market was Kyro 2. I've just bought it, so I started lurking more, and Vogons wiki mentions Kyro 2 SE which was supposedly "Announced in 2002 but cancelled at the last minute". I have found numerous reviews of this card on the internet, so that means that quite a few prototypes were produced. Does anyone know how often does this card hit eBay and how much does it usually cost?

Last edited by xenu on 2020-08-05, 03:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 5, by xenu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Putas wrote:

I have yet to see any functional SE card, not to mention whole review of it.

I was so sure that there were lots of them but it seems my memory failed me. There is a review on FrazPC.pl, pretty renowned polish site but I can't find any english reviews. Here it is: http://www.frazpc.pl/artykuly/259101,Recenzja_KYRO_2_SE.html

They praised the card, they even gave their recommendation, but it seems that its drivers are garbage.

Last edited by xenu on 2020-08-05, 03:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 5, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Old times..😁
I remeber it as an optimized 200Mhz Kyro2 chipset with "some" T&L software assisted features that in the latest drivers were included also for the Kyro2 standard (I don't know which were the differences).
But most important was the FOCUS tv-out chipset that received some nice review about quality on the s-video connection.