VOGONS

First post, by BrAlZy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This may be a simple problem and the solution is right in front of me and I don't see it, or it's something more. On the PC in my signature, I tried installing Duke Nukem 3D. When I used the AWE64 for both sound and music, one part didn't quite work... The music. It seems as if there are only two voices playing. However, when using the test music option in setup.exe, it works fine... But awkwardly. The first time I play it through the test mode: only two voices. The second time right after the first: All voices work just fine. I really don't know what the problem is and if someone could point me into the right direction, that'd be great. I can't test any solutions left below right now as I'm going to bed, but tomorrow I will test any possible solutions left on this thread.

Reply 1 of 2, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are You running it under Windows or DOS? By Dos I don't mean a win98 dos prompt but booting directly into Dos.
What Awe64 setup lines are You using for Autoexec.bat and config.sys in Dos?

I have a CT4520 and I think You can select Awe32 in Duke3d which would be the preferred option.

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 2 of 2, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you're running it from a Windows DOS box (command prompt), select General MIDI in the setup menu.
If you're running in MS-DOS mode, select AWE32 in the setup menu.
Make sure that your sound card settings (DMA, IRQ and base port) matches what you select in the setup menu.