VOGONS

First post, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I've rescued the Diamond Voodoo II from electro rubbish...yes...that's unbelivable, i got Voodoo for free 😎 . Finally my dreams come true.. In addition, i've even found old mobo with Pentium I processor by ABIT...Probably it's in good condition, probably, because i haven't tested this beast...one of the AT PSU what i got is in use on my "Celeron ultimate machine". This project is for another time 😉

I've decided to pimp my "Celeron ultimate machine". I removed the 3DLabs Permedia II GPU (yes, that's early mobo with first version of AGP), and i replaced it for my Voodoo. Of course, i haven't the pass throught cable to connect S3 Trio 64V+. I can't found on ANY portal auctions, even on eBay... 🤣. I've finally found it on Polish auction site, and i got parcel today! And...Voodoo works so great after these years! But...I have a question to you Guys

I installed the latest drivers from Diamond, but...i got a problem with TOCA 2: Touring Cars. I don't know why i get after the intro error which it says that, i don't have graphic card with Z-Buffer support. Internet says, Voodoo II is supporting Z-Buffer. Is this problem with drivers or 2D card? I tried with latest drivers from 3DFX, results are the same. TOCA 1 works very fine on high details and maximum resolution...but sequel have problems which one of cards is 3D 🤣. Of course, the question is not only about TOCA. I just want to know, what version of Voodoo drivers will be good for all games which supports Glide.

PS:
My "Celeron Ultimate Machine" specs:

LuckyStar 6LX2 VER 1.0 (latest BIOS from 2000)
Intel Celeron (codename: Mendocino, i forgot the model code :<) 300 MHz FSB 66 MHz (I want to replace it for Pentium II on the same FSB)
256 MB of RAM
S3 Trio64V+
Diamond Monster II (aka Voodoo II) 8 MB
AT power supply 250w (ATX should be, but is not :<)

Reply 1 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I liked the fastvoodoo driver but ran into 1 game that didn't work properly but was fine with the final official driver more. So just using that now.
I'd still recommend the fastvoodoo over the official if it runs fine for you. Both can be downloaded from
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/voodoo2/drivers
fastvoodoo drivers are in the archive section

Reply 2 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

*Voodoo

I really really really really hate it when it is miscapitalized to emphasize it as excrement

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Moved to Marvin.
Fixed capitalization. 😉

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 5, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote:

Moved to Marvin.
Fixed capitalization. 😉

Yea...thanks for the correct 🤣 But still, i can't run on fastVoodoo TOCA 2. The same error as before. I think that will be a problem with 2D card 😒. I will try with Carmageddon 1 or 2. Maybe will run well..