VOGONS

First post, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok so I tried Martition Magic 8 it wont partition or format my 120gb Drive, it just throw's errors. But I can format it, use it and even verified with seatools it works fine in Windows 2000 or XP. Of course 98SE and ME can't use fdisk on it, and I tried the tools on UBCD they all partition it and format it but Windows 98 and Me setup detect it as either HPFS+ or NTFS file system. I'd say I'll just use 2k/XP but at current I have a system already doing that with an X2 4400 and 9600GSO

What do yall recommend to solve my problem?

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
512mb PC3200
ABIT NF7-S2G
Geforce FX 5900XT
120gb Seagate Baracuda SATA

Reply 2 of 3, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fdisk can do 120 GB fine, BUT it won't display the numbers correctly. Just go ahead with partitioning and formatting (single partition) and it will work out.

But if you want to prep the drive in a modern machine, I use Paragon for this (free version).

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 3 of 3, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Fdisk can do 120 GB fine, BUT it won't display the numbers correctly. Just go ahead with partitioning and formatting (single partition) and it will work out.

But if you want to prep the drive in a modern machine, I use Paragon for this (free version).

Ok did not know that, I assumed since it reported it as 11844 it wouldn't work properly.