VOGONS

First post, by probnot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Found some old PC stuff on classifieds (kijiji) tonight, and the guy threw in a box on old CPUs!

I wonder how many of these are functional...the hard part now is finding motherboards to test them.

F4951td.jpg

Reply 1 of 13, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

75f48aa3878cf9dde5a89132464718b6.jpg

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 2 of 13, by probnot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I still have the box of heatshinks/fans, floppies (apparently a lot of old pirated games), CDs (again more old games), box video/sound cards, box of mice/joysticks/etc 😁 I'm ecstatic!

Plus the PII and PIII machine (though those are staying in the shed 'til I have time in the spring).

Reply 3 of 13, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Reply 4 of 13, by lazibayer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The one at the top left corner... Could it be K5-PR200? 😁

Reply 5 of 13, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Damn I wish stuff like that hit my local classifieds. What area are you located curiously? Older CPUs were pretty resilient I'd be willing to bet a big chunk of them work.

Best local score I had was an older guy who was moving to Florida and he had kept every computer and piece of computer hardware he had ever had and couldn't take them with him. Some nice full systems, but never a nice lot of parts like this.

Reply 7 of 13, by probnot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lazibayer wrote:

The one at the top left corner... Could it be K5-PR200? 😁

PR133, but I still think it's cool. K5 is one of the CPUs I've never played with 😁

Rhuwyn wrote:

Damn I wish stuff like that hit my local classifieds. What area are you located curiously? Older CPUs were pretty resilient I'd be willing to bet a big chunk of them work.

Best local score I had was an older guy who was moving to Florida and he had kept every computer and piece of computer hardware he had ever had and couldn't take them with him. Some nice full systems, but never a nice lot of parts like this.

This is a very unusual find for where I live. Normally everything older than a Pentium 4 gets recycled. I just happened to search "Windows 98" on kijiji and this listing came up.

Reply 8 of 13, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keenmaster486 wrote:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/75/f4/8a/75f48aa3878cf9dde5a89132464718b6.jpg […]
Show full quote

75f48aa3878cf9dde5a89132464718b6.jpg

It's from "Super troopers" movie right? 😁

Reply 9 of 13, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
386SX wrote:

It's from "Super troopers" movie right?

🤣 I have absolutely no idea. I literally just tried to find an image that described my reaction and there it was.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 10 of 13, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow.... That's a freaking awesomme haul. 😳

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 11 of 13, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
probnot wrote:

Found some old PC stuff on classifieds (kijiji) tonight, and the guy threw in a box on old CPUs!

I wonder how many of these are functional...the hard part now is finding motherboards to test them.

Where in Canada are you?

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 12 of 13, by probnot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
fitzpatr wrote:
probnot wrote:

Where in Canada are you?

Right in the boring centre!

It's interesting how regional the craigslist vs. kijiji thing is. If you go out west to BC, craigslist is king. Here it's a ghost town...

Reply 13 of 13, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

used.ca is very popular in western Canada. I can get rid of almost anything on there.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.