VOGONS

First post, by lowlytech

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have been having a time with my dell 286 210 system with a very dark screen where you could barely read the text. It was very inconsistent and after troubleshooting everything I could think of, I finally noticed that the -12volt connector of my power supply broke. I tried to solder the connection together, but I can't get it back in the connector holder without breaking it again. Surfed over to ebay and was wondering if anyone can confirm this is the correct pin I need to order for this power supply.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-50-0114-KK-CRIMP-T … %3D161822194060

The power supply is an Astec AAI6320.

Thanks for the help guys..

Reply 1 of 3, by lowlytech

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Since they were just a few dollars I went ahead and took a chance and ordered them. It looks very near similar or exact so I think it will work, I just was unsure of the scale since it is hard to tell from the picture. I will report back when I get them and see if it indeed fits this power supply interconnect. I really have only seen this type of power supply connection on older apple type computers which also exclusively used astec power supplies.

Reply 2 of 3, by lowlytech

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got the 08-50-0114 pins and these do not fit the Astec supply pin. Gonna keep looking for the correct size pin.

Reply 3 of 3, by lowlytech

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For the record the molex 08-50-0106 was the correct terminal to use with the astec power supply that the old dell and older apple Macintosh use.