VOGONS

First post, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm in need of a manual or jumper guide for the PA-2013 ver 2.0. this is the board with 2mb of l2 cache. Statson has the layout for the earlier board and the 2.0 revision is different and I cant find it anywhere.

Reply 1 of 6, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh nice, you have the 2 MB version of this board. I only have the 1 MB version of the PA-2013. I do have the 2 MB version of the Tyan S1598C2. Not sure which board is better.

For the PA-2013 I have manual revision B1 with date 8, 1998. Is this what you have?

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 2 of 6, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try here. Looks like every single PA-2013 manual is available

ftp://ftp.fic.com.tw/motherboard/manual/socket7/pa-2013/

Edit: Not seeing a specific manual for the 2.1 (PCB 2.0) version of the motherboard. From what I could find, even people who bought the board new back in the day had trouble with the jumpers because FIC may have not even released an updated manual for that version of the board.

Here is a page that shoudl help you set up the settings... at least for a K6-2 450.

You will have to play with the jumpers if you have a different CPU.

The thing I remember about the FIC boards is that the jumper settings were fairly easy to figure out by trial/error.

I used to keep sheets when I was experimenting/overclocking and using every single combination of the bus speed jumpers since pretty much every board had undocumented bus speeds.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 6, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

after looking through the files revision B1 does look like my layout. I test it tomorrow and see. trying to get a 233mhz P1. so far just messing with the jumpers I think Ive gotten it to post at every speed BUT 233mhz. Ive got 200, 225, 210, 250 and even 300mhz.

Reply 4 of 6, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If a P233 MMX is what you're after, and you're having trouble with running at 233 MHz, then how about a Cyrix MII-400GP in that system? A Cyrix MII run at 300 MHz has the gaming performance of a P233 MMX.

Reply 5 of 6, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

If a P233 MMX is what you're after, and you're having trouble with running at 233 MHz, then how about a Cyrix MII-400GP in that system? A Cyrix MII run at 300 MHz has the gaming performance of a P233 MMX.

I figured it out. the 2013b1 layout matched. funny though I was getting better FPS running the CPU at 200mhz on a 100mhz fsb, on a 66mhz fsb and the cpu at 233mhz I seem to be a few fps worse in benchmarks and quake with Doom being my only exception being 2 or 3 fps better.

does the pa-2013 support the K6-III+?

Reply 6 of 6, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

soviet: Yes. This is also indicated in the ultimate 686 bench excel sheet with the 3 superscript. The superscripts are identified at the bottom of the excel sheet. For that benchmark comparison, I used the PA-2013 for the super socket 7 benchmarks. I'm not sure what to make of the board for its speed and agility because I did not compare it with my Tyan board, which has 2 MB cache. I am generally a bit weary of FIC boards since the FIC PCI/VLB 486 boards were slow (and buggy?), and the FIC VA-503+ (MVP3) board was awfully flakey. Since the PA-2013 handled all those benchmarks, it is possibly not so bad? Dunno. There was another higher end MVP3 board with 2 MB cache; I think it was made by Epox. It would be nice to do a detailed comparison of these three 2 MB boards.