VOGONS

First post, by oldpcguy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone successfully gotten Win98SE to work on these laptops? I think the 8100 is a P3 and the 8200 is a P4.

These came with dedicated video cards, ATI and Nvidia, so they would probably rock.

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 5, by LHN91

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not these machines in particular, but I think the 8100 comes with a Radeon 7500 Mobility? I do have a P4 laptop with that chip that works (Compaq N800C) albeit with a driver from a Fujitsu machine that I have to manually install.

Can you post the rest of the specs?

Reply 2 of 5, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The 8000 (which is just a lower spec version of the 8100) came with Windows ME as standard so Windows 98 should work fine on the 8100.

IIRC the 8000 came with Rage Mobility 128 M4 and the 8100 came with GeForce2 GO.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 3 of 5, by oldpcguy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
LHN91 wrote:

Not these machines in particular, but I think the 8100 comes with a Radeon 7500 Mobility? I do have a P4 laptop with that chip that works (Compaq N800C) albeit with a driver from a Fujitsu machine that I have to manually install.

Can you post the rest of the specs?

It has Nvidia GeForce 2 Go video card. I have been unable to find a Windows 98SE-compatabile driver for this video card. (I have two units, one with 32MB version and one with 64MB version).

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Reply 4 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you not try the ME drivers, as suggested?

Reply 5 of 5, by oldpcguy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

Did you not try the ME drivers, as suggested?

Have not, but I will and post results.