VOGONS

First post, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've recently added to my collection of 90's clear colored plastic computer cases and was wondering if anyone else had some. Maybe in warm colors like red/orange/yellow/purple?

Its been tough just finding pictures of colored plastic "n64 like" cases let alone buying and collecting them. Just curious if anyone else has some too.

19657200_1917139305200657_4824984471910008171_n.jpg?oh=d1b9ea52a3b74e1e675875299f3e3941&oe=59CF34F9

Reply 1 of 10, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OH LORD, its so ugly.

I have the top one. LMK if you want to make a deal.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 2 of 10, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey don't knock the "im a mac g3 too" cases, I think they're very cute 🙁

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 3 of 10, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember when they were all the rage in the late '90s - I might miss the old beige cases but certainly don't miss these 🤣

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 4 of 10, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Hey don't knock the "im a mac g3 too" cases, I think they're very cute 🙁

I do too! I can only like beige/black cases so much before i want something different.

Reply 5 of 10, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In my memory they often offered looks over usability...

Reply 6 of 10, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Oh god, I forgot about those cases. They did look neat back in a time when everything was beige. But looks aren't everything.

Reply 7 of 10, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Holy shit, I never knew those were a thing, but now that I do I want one for every machine I own, even my modern machines.

All I'm stuck with is cheap black cases I get for nothing off Newegg/Amazon

Reply 8 of 10, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got one few years back off free cycle, when I desperately needed a case. Had a dead AMD Duron based system in it.
it served its job as a temporary home for my daily driver, even though the side panel didn't fit with the CPU's heatsink.
Then became my bed side table which is how it got a melted imprint of my dinner plate on it 😜
Now it just servers as storage for parts. The plastic is getting or brittle and snapping as well

PCs.jpg

Reply 9 of 10, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chinny22 wrote:
Got one few years back off free cycle, when I desperately needed a case. Had a dead AMD Duron based system in it. it served its […]
Show full quote

Got one few years back off free cycle, when I desperately needed a case. Had a dead AMD Duron based system in it.
it served its job as a temporary home for my daily driver, even though the side panel didn't fit with the CPU's heatsink.
Then became my bed side table which is how it got a melted imprint of my dinner plate on it 😜
Now it just servers as storage for parts. The plastic is getting or brittle and snapping as well

https://s25.postimg.org/umsrneutr/PCs.jpg

I have that case too!

Red P6 Case.jpg

I bought this beauty when I first went to RE-PC in 2013, I think this was only $10 but I mainly got it because I needed a case to temporarily house my AMD64 build, once I got another case that looks closer to its original gaming case, I reused this one for my Celeron-433 build, It's still holding up pretty nicely except the side panel had its metal shield separated at one point which makes it tricky to put back on together but other than that it's perfect, fits in perfectly with my late-90s Macintoshes.

I also have a similar case for my Socket 7 build but only the front panel is blue.

Reply 10 of 10, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

wow I really like those red ones , I only have the 4 pictured above and could use some warmer colored cases to round out the colors more. Those look like they share the same drive covers as one of my teal cases.