VOGONS

First post, by Aglenoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can get one 12' in mint condition with replacement parts for about 800 czech crown shipped which is about 37 dollars.

It's top of the line model with 1.25 GB ram and 1,5 Ghz PowerPC Cpu.

------------------------------------------------
Pentium II 266 MHz
Diamond Voodoo Monster II 12 Mb
S3 trio 64v+ 2Mb
ESS AudioDrive 1868f
10Gb fireball HDD
256 Mb Ram

Reply 1 of 6, by NamelessPlayer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If it's one of the last 2005 models, before the Intel switch? Definitely go for it! "Last of their kind, top-of-the-line" models tend to be more collectible for anything in general, and of course, people want just about anything with a bitten fruit logo on it.

The 12" PBG4 also had a bit of a cult following due to its compact footprint and better build quality over the iBook G4s, so I'd say it's also worth it from that perspective.

I mean, hey, roughly US$37? That's pretty cheap, and you might actually get some use of it if the battery's any good.

Reply 2 of 6, by Aglenoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
NamelessPlayer wrote:

If it's one of the last 2005 models, before the Intel switch? Definitely go for it! "Last of their kind, top-of-the-line" models tend to be more collectible for anything in general, and of course, people want just about anything with a bitten fruit logo on it.

The 12" PBG4 also had a bit of a cult following due to its compact footprint and better build quality over the iBook G4s, so I'd say it's also worth it from that perspective.

I mean, hey, roughly US$37? That's pretty cheap, and you might actually get some use of it if the battery's any good.

Well battery is KO, however i will get enough parts to build second one as well 😀 + two original chargers

Pentium II 266 MHz
S3 trio 64v+ 2Mb
ESS AudioDrive 1868f
10Gb fireball HDD
256 Mb Ram

Reply 3 of 6, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd grab it, personally. Have a PowerBook G4 here myself I still need to get a power cord for.

Join the Retro PC Discord! - https://discord.gg/UKAFchB
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJYB_ZDsIzXGZz6J0txgCA

Reply 4 of 6, by dr.ido

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I still kind of regret not bidding on a top of the line 17" Powerbook G4 (2005 model, 1.67GHz, 1680x1050 display) that turned up at local (not online) auction I was at a couple of years ago. At the time I didn't bid because I'd been at the auction before and they'd never let anything with an apple logo on it go cheap before - Any apple laptop was expected to sell for the price of a MacBook. I'd seen this Powerbook G4 come up before and they started the bid at $100 and then passed it in. This time they started it at $20 and I was shocked when they actually let it sell for $30.

Reply 6 of 6, by Aglenoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So i bought it, thanks everyone 😀

Pentium II 266 MHz
S3 trio 64v+ 2Mb
ESS AudioDrive 1868f
10Gb fireball HDD
256 Mb Ram