VOGONS

First post, by phrozenchaos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all.

Recently restored my AT&T Globalyst 630 with the original restore media (Windows 95).
After the restore, it appears there is an IRQ error or driver issue for a device that came with it, I think it's a modem. I haven't screwed around with IRQ's for a very long time and not quite sure what's going on.

Maybe someone out there has a Globalyst and has an idea?
I've posted some images of the error and computer. Something called "VCOS". Through some research it appears to be a modem.
Also, there is no audio even though there is a Create ISA Sound Card installed -- I think it''s a CT1790 or CT1750, not sure. It does have a bunch of jumpers on the board. Funny thing is, there is audio device which is a "AT&T" DSP Card", whatever that is. I'm going to try systematically removing all devices and see what happens for the sound,

IMG_8736.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

IMG_8737.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

IMG_8735.jpg

Reply 1 of 1, by UsernamePlusPlus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for the extremely late reply, but I'm new to this site and just found your post.

I have a Globalyst 363TPC, and I think it has some similarities to yours.

AT&T sold their computer division to NCR years after these machines were made, and you can find some drivers here:
https://www5.ncr.com//support/support_drivers … pc_library_3348

If you plan to keep the Modem/Sound card you'll need to install the first three things listed there.

Since I don't use the dial up modem, and I also have a better ISA sound card, I just took the AT&T Modem/Sound card out.

I searched for years to find the Globablyst 363TPC, as it was my first computer back in 1995.
Reply if you are still messing around with this machine, it's cool to find someone else with a Globalyst!