VOGONS

First post, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi!

I have GOTEK floppy emulator and i have done all the updates to it. (FlashFloppy firmware, OLED screen, stepper knob, etc)
But after using it for a while, it doesn't feel really convenient. At the same time, having simple big numbers to select was quite simple.

Therefore, can anyone provide me the original firmware for this emulator, that i can flash on it? I tried to google it, but couldn't find the original one...

Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 1 of 2, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think the devices have a flag set to prevent reading the firmware. I doubt that anyone can provide you with it. But I'm glad to be proven wrong.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 2 of 2, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just put back the old 7 segment display and use FlashFloppy in indexed mode instead of native, why would you want to go back to using the awful software that is needed for writing images with the original Gotek?

Besides, the original firmware is protected as root42 mentions, no way of going back that I know of.