VOGONS

First post, by LukeLovesRetro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, have been working on a board I found on ebay some time ago though no info came with it. I have searched high and low for info on it to no avail. If anybody can id this board it would be greatly appreciated. info I have is PhoenixBIOS 1.01 A386SX (3050/60D R1.04) on boot but no bios id string. Bios contains MiTAC security feature, though I cannot id it as a MiTAC board. Thanks again for any help, this search is doing my head in. img link

DxSbHAF.jpg

Reply 1 of 7, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I put in some time, but I came up empty. This is a touch nut to crack with that limited info.
Did you try any old dos hardware id tools ? http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php HWiNFO v5.5 for DOS

Reply 2 of 7, by LukeLovesRetro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, trying tonight will post info tomorrow with some pics of bios info. one of the earliest Phoenix bioses I have seen.

Reply 3 of 7, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That looks rather similar (design-wise) to the mainboard of one of my Acer machines.

IMG_20180807_183539355.jpg

So my guess: it's an Acer board.

Reply 4 of 7, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, on Stason, I see similarities with Acer boards

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 5 of 7, by LukeLovesRetro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, Sorry i have not posted bios pics yet, have been very busy(children and 5 other retro projects, to much). Will try to post by the weekend. Many thanks for the efforts/info though, will look into those Acer boards and see what i can find. when i have time will also post pics of my other retro rebuilds/restorations. Thanks again for your time in looking into this board.

Reply 6 of 7, by OSkar000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This looks a lot like the motherboard I had in my 386 I had many years ago. That was a DX33 but I know that there was some different versions of the computers.

From what I know Mitac produced lots of computers with different brands. Mine was a Facit but i have seen a few with other brands manufactured by Mitac.