VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

magic erasers are really nice too... and goo gone for removing unwanted stickers and residue

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 21 of 21, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Doornkaat wrote:

And thank you from removing that part about me making intentionally bad posts here. I'm not trolling, I'm interested in finding out if there's any truth to the much heard saying of "only use destilled water for cleaning electronics" because I like to know if and how I'm doing something wrong as long as I actually am.
I think we're all friends here and we're all in the same boat. 😎

One reason I think saying to just use tap water on the internet is bad is becasue I tried to mention that not all tap water is the same, and since this is an international forum, maybe your tap water is great and all but i know the tap water in the city 30 miles from me destroys the clear coat on cars after ahwile. 🤣 And if you can remember the Flint Michigan crisis there was lead and sh*t in the water. 🤣 But maybe if you travel to some country like Mexico you are advised to not even drink the water and so if i cannot even drink some water i do not advise people to clean their motherboards with it. The issue is tap water can leave behind residue that could contain minerals and metals that overtime could cause corrosion. It might not be as big of an issue if you submerge the board in alcohol to displace all of the water after cleaning. So I would recommend anyone who is going to use tapwater to do so.