VOGONS

First post, by TerakRall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just bought a Toshiba Portege 610CT laptop with a dead RTC/BIOS battery and would like to source a replacement...according to the maintenance manual it's 3.6V, 30 mAh, NiMH but with some sort of harness on the battery pack. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

6fplpjs1uwt31.png

Reply 1 of 4, by justajeffy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got the same laptop and also need to replace the cmos battery. I found these, but haven't purchased anything yet:

I probably won't get to do anything with the 610ct for a couple of months. Good luck!

Please share your experience if you get to replace the battery.

Reply 3 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My Tosh 100CS has a similar but slightly larger NiMH cmos battery, was able to buy similar local and just soldered the Tosh wires to it after removing the ones it came with. One thing: my Tosh manual states 24hours to fully charge it and lasts about 30days when off. Am sure your newer version Tosh probably lasts a bit longer but then maybe not. Always wanted to put Lithium batts in it instead.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 4, by paulwilco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack an old thread but i have a Portege 610CT that has had a battery leak (both batteries). The computer now powers up but doesn't get as far as the POST. Does it need the BIOS battery to boot properly?