VOGONS

First post, by vtgearhead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I cannot find a forum marked as 'for sale' and the site guidelines mention only "no links to auctions". I have almost 150 ISA bus peripherals in my collection and all must go. If it's permissible, I'd like to post a link to a spreadsheet in my Dropbox account and make them available to hobbyists and collectors. Can one of the moderators comment on whether this is allowed and where such a post should be placed? I'd rather ask permission than aggravate anyone.

Steve

Reply 2 of 11, by vtgearhead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, thanks. I searched the forum rules for 'sale' and 'sell' and found nothing. But, that's why I asked first - thanks for letting me know. In American English, 'trade' and 'trading' has a slightly different meaning than 'sell' - generally refers to swapping merchandise rather than exchanging it for money.

Reply 3 of 11, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vtgearhead wrote on 2019-12-29, 14:42:

Ok, thanks. I searched the forum rules for 'sale' and 'sell' and found nothing. But, that's why I asked first - thanks for letting me know. In American English, 'trade' and 'trading' has a slightly different meaning than 'sell' - generally refers to swapping merchandise rather than exchanging it for money.

Vcfed.org forums and Amibay.com forums are good options for that.

Reply 5 of 11, by vtgearhead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gdjacobs wrote on 2019-12-29, 19:54:

Even Facebook has some groups for hw trading.

Thanks, all. I have posted a notice over at VcFed in the appropriate section. I loathe FB and don't use it if that can be helped.

Reply 8 of 11, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is Facebook?

GRUMPY OLD FART - On Hiatus, sort'a
Mann-Made Global Warming. - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.
You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.

Reply 10 of 11, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PCBONEZ wrote on 2019-12-29, 21:01:

What is Facebook?

A way for a rich dweeb to enrich himself by selling your privacy.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 11 of 11, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PCBONEZ wrote on 2019-12-29, 21:01:

What is Facebook?

It is like Palm plant, Toe Jam or Navel lint. Best to avoid at all costs 😁

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun