VOGONS

First post, by Cobra42898

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all.
Ive got two of these machines now, one is a PII 350mhz, in the mini-tower package, and one I moved into a gateway tower case (for the better PSU and better airflow) and installed a 400mhz PII in place of the existing Celeron 400mhz.

They both use a 4R4CB0XA.15a. ... BIOS. The 400mhz tower would be a great platform to use as a file server, but the BIOS seems to have trouble over about 32GB. Oddly enough, I also have a g6-266 box with a 440bx, and i was able to find the files here on vogons to reflash that to support my 120gb disks. I cannot find the updates for the RC board anywhere.

I've seen mention that there were higher revisions, and I've also seen mentions that genuine intel bios flashes have been successfully used on this board. Is there anyone who can confirm any of this? Or who knows where to find the files, please?

Just out of curiosity, will the G6-266 board support the 400Celeron or 400PII CPUs? If the BIOS cant be updated, I'm wondering what combinations I have at my disposal to mix and match. The g6-266 has a PCI rage pro turbo, and the rc440bx has a nvidia riva 128 onboard, how do these compare?

Thanks in advance.

Searching for Epson Actiontower 3000 486 PC.