VOGONS

First post, by vtgearhead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm fiddling with an old Poquet PC that came with two Verbatim 1MB (!) PC cards (battery backup). Since I do not have the proprietary expansion cable there's no way to get a serial or network connection to the unit for moving files back and forth. Plan B is to access the PC cards from another system that has PCMCIA slots. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty finding drivers for, e.g. my Windows 7 laptop. It recognizes the card, but fails driver search. I do have an older IBM Thinkpad 365 that runs Windows NT and DOS. Anyone know where I can find drivers for either of those environments? I keep tripping over documentation and discussion of Cardsoft driver packages, but cannot seem to locate any downloads.

Reply 1 of 5, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Tried myself to use SRAM cards in DOS, Win3.x, and Win9x with no success. Even when recognized, they would not appear as a drive. I still have my SRAM cards and PCMCIA reader, so I'm interested in this as well.

Reply 2 of 5, by my03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmmm. I'm fairly certain that i managed to recognize and use an 8MB ram card (Intel) on my Windows 7 laptop. Let me dig it up and retry it, perhaps i can give some input (hopefully).

I also have another brand of linear flash (i think it was a 6MB AMD and one 4MB that i will test).

Reply 5 of 5, by vtgearhead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Interestingly, WinNT with CardWizard (finally found a copy on Dell's website) recognized the card and was able to format it as a disk drive. However, the card became smoking hot (voltage too high?) and the format was not recognized by the Poquet PC. Fortunately neither the card nor my ancient ThinkPad were damaged.