VOGONS

First post, by ram1009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm new here so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I need a driver disk for a Microsoft Sidewinder Steering Wheel Controller. Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 3, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If it is for Windows 10 it might just work. I have the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and it is plug and play in Win10.

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 2 of 3, by ram1009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Presbytier wrote on 2020-05-02, 03:33:

If it is for Windows 10 it might just work. I have the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and it is plug and play in Win10.

Yes, I'm aware that basic functionality is available on W10 but I will be using WXP and I also want to use some of the features available with the driver.

Reply 3 of 3, by SPBHM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the 4.0 software for windows 98 works on XP it's what I used my my Sidewinder FFB wheel USB
some advanced function (I think it was something like creating key press macros or something) required me to change DEP settings on windows, other than that it was fine.
this driver even kind of worked on windows 7 x86, but it blue screens the PC after a few minutes...

the native windows vista+ driver works, but it gives you no option to configure anything, and with that you have the center spring at max settings always, and it kind of kills the FFB feel for me, and I can't use it like that.