VOGONS

First post, by JimWest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

I recently received a Pine PT-432b mainboard. Unfortunately, it does not start.

Pine PT-432b.jpg
Filename
Pine PT-432b.jpg
File size
809.87 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

After excluding several sources of error, I found that the BIOS chip is totally empty.

Does anyone have the board and could provide a BIOS?
I have searched all over the internet, unfortunately I did not find it.
There is a motherboard called SR-M401-A. It seems to be identical. I suspect that will be compatible.

Thank you!

Reply 3 of 11, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does the CPU get warm/do you have another CPU to test with, preferably 5 volt? Any beeps in the speaker (you do have one attached, I suppose)? Cheap POST analyzer card would help a lot.

Reply 4 of 11, by JimWest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I double checked the jumper settings and I think they are ok (not the one shown in the picture).
Yes, CPU and chipset gets warm, but I will also test with a 5V CPU in the next days. Just to make sure the CPU or the voltage regulator are not the problem.
I attached a speaker, of course.
But there is no beep, no display and no POST message - just keyboard blink.
I've got a POST analyzer card, but it doesn't show any message at all.
I flashed your provided BIOS. Hmm... maybe I should check if the BIOS ROM is still filled with data?!
Any idea why it might have been empty?

Reply 5 of 11, by christith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello
I got recently a SR-M401-A board with a leaky battery which damaged some components around so bad that they felt of the board. I want to try to repair , but I need some help. That's why I would like to ask somebody who owns this board to support me with some high resolution pictures of the area around the the battery and the UMC8663A chip. I want to see the values of the resistors which vanished from my board.

Reply 7 of 11, by christith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you JimWest !
Meanwhile I will try to get some pictures sooner, if possible, from some other members. I found on this forum one other discussion related to this motherboard.
If not possible I will wait for you.
Thanks again!

Reply 9 of 11, by christith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you!
It seems that you also had to do with a leaking battery. But you had minimal damages. My board looks really bad, I think that the chances to repair it are minimal.

Attachments

Reply 10 of 11, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Indeed not much damage on mine, just one small trace near the battery, another larger one on the back and the via near R98. Yours won't be that easy to repair. First off I would desolder everything in the damaged area, scrape off the 'rotten' solder mask and check continuity of every trace. Vias are more problematic, and you have a handful of them. I reinforce them with small lengths of wire or legs cut off from scrap ICs.

Reply 11 of 11, by JimWest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's great that you help with the pictures, Quicknick. As mentioned earlier, neither of my two work. One has only a small battery damage, the other is worse. But not as bad as yours. Maybe I'll try to fix them over the holidays. 😀