VOGONS

First post, by Grayshazzle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey everyone, since the later slot 1 Pentium IIIs are a lot harder to find since my MB only goes up to 850MHz max (Slot 1) with a FSB 100MHz restriction, I went with a Pentium III 650MHz 100 FSB 256MB CPU. What would be the best GeForce card to use for this build as I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 (128MB) and a GeForce 2 MX400 64MB. RAM is 2 x 256 PC133 SDRAM. ALSO, if I got a 850Mhz Pentium 3 socket 370 and used a slot 1 adapter, could somebody maybe find one online. I am only saying this because all I see are socket 370 to slot 1 for Celerons or just Pentium IIs, it's kind of aggravating 🤣. Anyways that would mean a lot if someone found one, thanks.

Reply 1 of 2, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

GF4 Ti is pretty much top dog for Slot 1 machines, Can the 650Mhz CPU take full advantage? probably not but if you already have the card may as well use it!

I wouldn't stress too much about the CPU, my 600Mhz plays all my Win9x games just fine that don't work on my faster XP PC (But I do get the desire to upgrade everything to the max)

Reply 2 of 2, by Grayshazzle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chinny22 wrote on 2020-12-16, 10:30:

GF4 Ti is pretty much top dog for Slot 1 machines, Can the 650Mhz CPU take full advantage? probably not but if you already have the card may as well use it!

I wouldn't stress too much about the CPU, my 600Mhz plays all my Win9x games just fine that don't work on my faster XP PC (But I do get the desire to upgrade everything to the max)

Thanks for the info man I appreciate it 👍🙂