VOGONS

First post, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello all,

I've been trying--to no avail--to find drivers for my newly-acquired Buslogic BT-510A ISA caching IDE controller. I managed to scrounge up the Windows 95 drivers, but I'd love to find the drivers for Windows NT and Windows 3.X.

Apparently the drivers are also the same for the LSI and Mylex KT-510A, but I can't seem to find those either.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might start digging? Perhaps I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks for all your help!

-Live Long and Prosper-

Feel free to check out my YouTube and Twitter!

Reply 1 of 5, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All drivers which were released available here (all files download correctly):
https://web.archive.org/web/20000829074230/ht … m/pub/idecache/

IDECACHE: Current Drivers for IDE Cache Controllers (BT-410/510/910) ide-nt3x.exe WinNT 3.x drivers for IDE Cache Controllers NT […]
Show full quote

IDECACHE: Current Drivers for IDE Cache Controllers (BT-410/510/910)
ide-nt3x.exe WinNT 3.x drivers for IDE Cache Controllers NT3.1 (1-14-94), NT3.5x (8-10-95)
ide-nw.exe Netware 3.1/3.1x/4.0 drivers for IDE Cache Controllers NW3.1 (10-21-93), NW3.1x (10-22-93), NW4.0 (12-23-93)
ide-os2.exe OS/2 2.x/Warp drivers for IDE cache Controllers (3-30-95)
ide-w95.exe Windows 95 driver for IDE cache controllers (11-10-95)
ide-win3.exe Windows 3.x drivers for IDE cache controllers (6-27-94)

Drivers is for all IDE caching controllers, BT-410/510 and 910. According to the manual DOS drivers are not needed.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 5, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you so much! I have been absolutely struggling to find these files, but I knew this would be the place to turn!

Out of sheer curiosity, is there any particular way that I could search next time to come across something like this? When I tried the archived version of the Buslogic site, I got nowhere on the files!

Thank you again, really. You're a life saver!

-Live Long and Prosper-

Reply 3 of 5, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Your welcome 😀

I actually found two and a half sources for the files, the way back machine and a German CD on archive.org. The Win95 and 3.1 was also available on helpdrivers.com (for payment).

Many times the archived websites are incomplete and sometimes you get lucky that they have actually indexed what you need. I did a full search on both buslogic.com and mylex.com domains using the following URL on archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/*/mylex.com/*. I then filtered on .exe files and I noticed that the driver files actually had been saved (if you're lucky they stored them on their HTTP server at some point). The actual filenames I had managed to dig up on the 1997 version of Mylex.com (but then they were linked to their FTP server). The manual I found on Manualz.

I also did a search for Mylex and Buslogic on the media content on archive.org. A German compilation disc also contained the files, but was no need to download the whole thing to extract them.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 4 of 5, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh, wow, that makes sense to me! Many thanks again!

I will keep this in mind for sure. I've always had trouble searching the web archive, but this makes a lot more sense, and I didn't realize that I could filter by file type! That changes things big time!

Again, I really appreciate all the help and can't thank you enough! Have a wonderful day!

-Live Long and Prosper-