VOGONS

IBM Model 77 Worth?

Topic actions

First post, by MoG91

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone!
I have this working IBM model 77 and it’s in pretty good shape! I don’t have any use for it and I’d like to sell it to fund buying other retro PC stuff I’d be more interested in. It’s a 486 DX2 with 12mb of ram. The hard drive works and is relatively quiet as does the floppy drive. It’s dirty but was well stored and just needs a light cleaning. It’s in pretty good shape otherwise. Anyone have any advice as to what this might be worth?

Reply 2 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Agree ! It is worth what some may or may not pay. Because it is Micro Channel based is not worth as much as a Compaq, Dell, or a generic working 486 that is VLB based to most serious vintage techies.
There could be a collector that might be interested but PS2 are not the type my friends look for, just too proprietary.......and just my opinion.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 4, by Schule04

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'd expect it to be worth more than a generic 486. It's interesting hardware. But ebay prices are ebay prices, common sought after stuff generates more interest and sells for more than rare machines.

Reply 4 of 4, by MoG91

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I appreciate the replies. I’ll set a reserve for what I’d be willing to sell it for and go from there I suppose! The hard drive is kaput now but the floppy drives work at least. Thank you all!