VOGONS

First post, by jbenam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

I have bought this card some months ago for cheap and I can't find ANYTHING about it on the interwebz, except that it was somewhat popular as it was extremely low price back then.

There are drivers for it on a French website (thanks!) but they aren't helping me much with the little issue of jumpers, of which this card is filled to the brim.

I do suspect that this is a Hornet Technology card as the BIOS for the VL-200 has the same sticker on mine.

I have noticed that a card with a manual was recently sold on Italian eBay, hopefully one of the members on here snatched it and can upload the manual for everyone? 😁

Anyway, the config currently on the card is kinda working (SCSI works, Floppy works). It might be useful to someone as a reference.

PXL_20201216_173303426~2.jpg

Reply 1 of 8, by bedlam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here is the instruction

Reply 2 of 8, by bedlam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jbenam wrote on 2020-12-16, 17:35:
Hi everyone, […]
Show full quote

Hi everyone,

I have bought this card some months ago for cheap and I can't find ANYTHING about it on the interwebz, except that it was somewhat popular as it was extremely low price back then.

There are drivers for it on a French website (thanks!) but they aren't helping me much with the little issue of jumpers, of which this card is filled to the brim.

I do suspect that this is a Hornet Technology card as the BIOS for the VL-200 has the same sticker on mine.

I have noticed that a card with a manual was recently sold on Italian eBay, hopefully one of the members on here snatched it and can upload the manual for everyone? 😁

Anyway, the config currently on the card is kinda working (SCSI works, Floppy works). It might be useful to someone as a reference.

PXL_20201216_173303426~2.jpg

I am looking for a driver! Perhaps you have?

Reply 3 of 8, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The only driver you may need is the ASPI driver for Adaptec AIC-6360. For DOS that uses Aspi2dos.sys plus Aspicd.sys if you have a scsi cdrom (plus MSCDEX of course).
EZ-SCSI v3 or newer will have the drivers you need, Squallstrife posted v5 to Vogons drivers and it does have the files you need: http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … &menustate=37,0

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 8, by bedlam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2021-08-15, 16:45:

The only driver you may need is the ASPI driver for Adaptec AIC-6360. For DOS that uses Aspi2dos.sys plus Aspicd.sys if you have a scsi cdrom (plus MSCDEX of course).
EZ-SCSI v3 or newer will have the drivers you need, Squallstrife posted v5 to Vogons drivers and it does have the files you need: http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … &menustate=37,0

As far as I understand, in addition to Aspi2dos.sys, need the INIVL300.SYS file which speeds up the work of IDE and SCSI:
"4.3 Enhance Performance Driver Installation. The "INIVL300.SYS" device driver use to enhance both the system's IDE and SCSI I/0 performance by intelligently managing the interaction between the system and I/0 device."

Reply 6 of 8, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I read thru the DOS driver install and .SYS and it looks for one of three chips configurations "Found AIC-25PC10, Found AIC-25VL06 / AVA-2825, Found AIC-25PC10 in VL mode"
and "Your system uses the 25VL06 VL-Bus-IDE Disk Interface Chip ... " "Your system uses the 25PC10 IDE Disk Interface Chip running . in VESA LocalBus mode. Data Port Transfers are 16 bits wide. "
and "Your system uses the 25PC10 IDE Disk Interface Chip running in PCI LocalBus mode." and then there is also a line father down "25VL01 Mode and Timing registers have been initialized"
so it may work with the card, only way to tell is to try it.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 7 of 8, by bedlam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

libby, Horun Thanks for the tips! I will try!