VOGONS

Reply 21 of 25, by Ace

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I didn't even touch the gamma settings on my Voodoo2. I guess it's just set too high by default. All the colors look very dull.

Now, what could prevent the Voodoo3 3500 TV's TV out from working? I'm trying to hook up my Voodoo3 3500 TV to my TV via S-Video(Composite on a computer sucks, so I'd rather not use that), but no matter what I do, I cannot get the TV out to work.

Creator of The Many Sounds of:, a collection of various DOS games played using different sound cards.

Reply 22 of 25, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think 3dfx assumed everyone had junk CRTs that were too dim and upped the gamma by default. Voodoo1 is the same way.

Or maybe everybody at 3dfx was on a different gamma calibration standard.

Reply 23 of 25, by elfuego

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:

I think 3dfx assumed everyone had junk CRTs that were too dim and upped the gamma by default. Voodoo1 is the same way.

Or maybe everybody at 3dfx was on a different gamma calibration standard.

I guess that depends on the model. I had Flash 3D voodoo 1 with an incredibly dark and warm (reddish) gamma settings. I remember that I needed to up the brightness and contrast of my screen back then to be able to see anything in quake 2 since gamma settings didnt really work with the out-of-the-box driver.

With diamond monster 2 and creative 3d blaster 2 i had no issues and the output was very nice.

BTW, composite output on V3 3500 should be pretty decent, why do think that it sux? 😕

Reply 24 of 25, by Ace

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I haven't personally seen the Composite coming out of the Voodoo3 3500 TV, but in general, when a graphics card has Composite on it, it looks so damn blurry you can hardly read small text. S-Video is a lot better for that.

If I can just figure out why the f*** my Voodoo3 3500 TV's TV out doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?

Creator of The Many Sounds of:, a collection of various DOS games played using different sound cards.

Reply 25 of 25, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I suggested 3500 TV for its DVI 😜

I've had TV out coming out of the 3000. Have you tried leaving in only the TV out before you start?

3dfx has some of the sharpest TV out i've seen on a video card BTW.

apsosig.png
long live PCem