Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
emosun wrote:

ok i got it narrowed down

The case shares the same chassis as the CSX600 Super Mid Tower , and the A800TX Midtower from aiyamicro.com. I found a pallet of 21 of them on ebay with mostly pentium 2 guts

That changes my opinion of it. If all it is, is essentially a body kit... I now have visions of Pontiac Fiero's and all the unnecessary cladding that came out for them back in the day.

Reply 21 of 27, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Don't forget that InstallShield went through this phase in 2000 despite being purely a Win32 installer suite.

Attachments

• installshield2000.gif
    Filename
    installshield2000.gif
    File size
    2.3 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 22 of 27, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
QBiN wrote:
emosun wrote:

ok i got it narrowed down

The case shares the same chassis as the CSX600 Super Mid Tower , and the A800TX Midtower from aiyamicro.com. I found a pallet of 21 of them on ebay with mostly pentium 2 guts

That changes my opinion of it. If all it is, is essentially a body kit... I now have visions of Pontiac Fiero's and all the unnecessary cladding that came out for them back in the day.

I think that's pretty normal for cases. Once they've designed the underlying structure, they're bound to come up with multiple variations built around that.
For the last 2 cases I bought (one fairly recently, the other several years ago) in each case I found 3 or 4 different models built around the same internals, but with slightly different configurations of features or different plastic.
In the more recent case, it was pretty apparent that if one had the miscellaneous brackets and such then one could easily convert between one to the next.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's standard design practice with most cases.

Reply 23 of 27, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That has been the case for years. I have two baby AT cases, and even those are 100% identical except the front panel (and even then the power button and the turbo and reset buttons are the same, but on slightly different positions). One of my cases use the same bay covers as another one I have, and I have seen plenty of cases with the same internals. Usually cheaper brands do that, they probably get standard internals from China and just make the plastic parts.

Reply 25 of 27, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
QBiN wrote:

Perhaps it may alter your opinion in favor again , if I mention that I cannot find this case anywhere else.

I cannot find a single picture of this case , in any condition , in any color , new , used , archived in old websites....

I've spent a few days in my free time googleing like crazy trying to find some sort of scrap on the internet showing that another one exists , or has previously existed.

dare i say it might be the only one currently known to exist? (in terms of data available on the internet)

I'm sure another one obviously exists somewhere in some sort of color , but it hasn't been documented on the net yet.