VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by FaSMaN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FaSMaN wrote:
My only problem now is that I cant get the mouse to work in windows, I have my comms set as follows Com 1: IRQ3;3F80 , Com 2: IR […]
Show full quote

My only problem now is that I cant get the mouse to work in windows, I have my comms set as follows Com 1: IRQ3;3F80 , Com 2: IRQ4;2F80 , I have manually configured windows with the correct port addresses aswell as ran setup and tried both the Logitech driver as well as the Genuis and microsoft Drivers, all of them dont seem to work.

I dont think its the IO Card as I tried a different one and it does the same, the mouse also works on the P1 system I built a few weeks ago.

The dos mouse driver sometimes stops working if I start windows and run edit directly afterwords...

Its strange, and driving me a bit nutty...

I tried a few more things tonight , complete dos reinstall and windows reinstall, I still have the same problems, anyone have any ideas?

Reply 21 of 23, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

COM1 should be IRQ 4, COM2 should be IRQ3... I know, it's asinine and backwards and it doesn't make any sense on the surface of it, but I guarantee it is meant to be that way around. I made the same mistake once.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 22 of 23, by FaSMaN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry I mistyped, it is that way round com1 is on irq4 and com2 irq3

Reply 23 of 23, by FaSMaN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Seems I just have to leave it as a kwirk on this machine and move on tho other things,The P1-166MMX has Windows 3.11 and if I am not mistaken all the 3.11 games should work on there.

Also I am getting a Co-processor in the mail, should be here any day now... The machine so far is pretty speedy, I am really happy with it ^.^