Reply 23240 of 53040, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dionb wrote:
Cyrix200+ wrote:

[...]

Bweuch. That is very nasty. My Olivetti M24 was in a similar state. It took forever to clean but it was worth it.

Nice finds all together! I can see you collection is escalating rapidly 😉

Much too rapidly. Basically it's just a by-product of choosing to try and get the stuff I want cheaper than paying eBay prices by buying up big lots. Now I'm trying to dump lots of it, but somehow nobody seems interested in piles of 1MB S3 and 16MB OEM Rage and TNT2 cards... 😵

We have the same strategy and thus the same problem. According to my records, I own 24 S3 PCI Trio / Virge variations. Pretty much 'unsellable' locally, and I can't throw them away of course. I should probably build a few Pentium 1 systems to sell (I also have to many Socket 7 TX/VX/etc. boards)
but those motherboards need new Dallas chips most of the time and I don't have that many AT cases. Ah well, I should not complain. I will find a use.

I would not unbox that Matrox card, If you would like to use it maybe try and trade it for an unboxed card + more of course.

I think I've just agreed a very nice trade for something not in box 😉

Good 😀

1982 to 2001

Reply 23241 of 53040, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A Compaq Presario 5000 with an AMD Duron 750MHz and a whopping 64MB RAM. Been trying to find one for a decent price for a while.

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 23242 of 53040, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Batyra wrote:

Few days after buying boxed SCB-7 now I bought Boxed SCB-55 😎

(seler photo)

I want to report you for posting this addiction content it should be illegal 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23243 of 53040, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Batyra wrote:

(seler photo)

Roland_SC-55__1_.jpg

Was this the one that went for $405? Was watching to see how high it would go.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 23244 of 53040, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got my own set of these iconic speakers (sold in many brand variations)

d6P35gSl.jpg

Also, they were tree fiddy euro 😀

EDIT:

Also, I bought a mystery box a few days back and i was shipped today:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUwWDEwMDA=/z/OpY … Za5b4M/$_86.JPG

Unpacking will be a bit like Christmas. Could also be a dud though.

1982 to 2001

Reply 23245 of 53040, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:
Batyra wrote:

(seler photo)

I want to report you for posting this addiction content it should be illegal 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I'm definitely addicted 😵 and I'm not gonna stop 😀

Artex wrote:
Batyra wrote:

(seler photo)

Roland_SC-55__1_.jpg

Was this the one that went for $405? Was watching to see how high it would go.

Unfortunately... Auction ended at 4 AM polish time so I made my bid late at nigt... feel I went to far... a little 😒
But after loosing boxed SSC-1 that was there recently I just couldnt miss it.
It was just upgrade from bare to boxed and I have loose SCB-7 and SCB-55 so this bought will be partially refunded anyway...
Now gotta find boxed RAP and SSC

Visit my website: http://www.collection.batyra.pl

Reply 23248 of 53040, by Matth79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote:
Got my own set of these iconic speakers (sold in many brand variations) […]
Show full quote

d6P35gSl.jpg

EDIT:

Goodmans Active 75 is what I'd know them as, not sure if that was the original and the others are clones, or if the Goodmans were just another badged version. One thing common to the designs is they seem to have done bass reflex correctly - the port does need to be quite small on a small box.

I have a pair of Goodmans Active 25 - tiny, but about the sweetest small speakers I've ever heard, though my Trust Soundwave 20's (apparently a rebadge of another decent model) were also pretty good... no idea what happened to them after I went 5.1

Reply 23249 of 53040, by probnot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Matth79 wrote:

Goodmans Active 75 is what I'd know them as, not sure if that was the original and the others are clones, or if the Goodmans were just another badged version. One thing common to the designs is they seem to have done bass reflex correctly - the port does need to be quite small on a small box.

I have a pair of Goodmans Active 25 - tiny, but about the sweetest small speakers I've ever heard, though my Trust Soundwave 20's (apparently a rebadge of another decent model) were also pretty good... no idea what happened to them after I went 5.1

Mine are branded as Zoltrix Sound ZX-75 😀

Zoltrix was pretty common here, my first sound blaster (clone) was a Zoltrix.

Reply 23251 of 53040, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Although it's not too exciting, I recently grabbed a few old goodies at a thrift store.

IMG_1948.JPG
Filename
IMG_1948.JPG
File size
411.34 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

A couple of PS/2 mice, a parallel cable (for use with my ZIP drives), an S-Video cable (probably not pictured, and (the most exciting of all) a beige ViewSonic ViewPanel VG150 15-inch LCD monitor.

Here's a photo of the back of the monitor:

IMG_1947.JPG
Filename
IMG_1947.JPG
File size
101.03 KiB
Views
File license

It has a manufacturing date of June 2000, which makes it the second oldest monitor in my collection (the oldest being a B&W Apple Studio Display from 1999).

Because beige computer monitors are getting harder to find these days, I thought this would be a good addition to my collection. Sure, it's no CRT, but I actually find these beige LCDs appealing for all-beige vintage computer setups like some of you do. This is the second beige LCD monitor to be added to my collection (the first is an NEC Accusync LCD5V, which I still have).

Reply 23252 of 53040, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Found a couple of PCIAGP backplanes with the PISA-KIT01 ISA bridge cards included.

Been trying to find these for a while. They are pretty unobtanium.

Will have an industrial computer setup that will have 6 available ISA slots, an AGP 4x/8x slot and 3 available PCI slots that can take up to a P-IV 3.4Ghz CPU. (CPU board is an IEI PIAGP-865EVG). I'm going to be on the lookout for another cheap one of these CPU boards as well. There was a second one listed for cheap that sold for cheap a few weeks ago, but I never thought I would find a single PISA-KIT01 bridge board so I didn't bother bidding on it.

PCIAGP-13S2.jpg
Filename
PCIAGP-13S2.jpg
File size
32.8 KiB
Views
File license
PISA-KIT01.jpg
Filename
PISA-KIT01.jpg
File size
42.93 KiB
Views
File license

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 23253 of 53040, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dionb wrote:
2) Then the second pickup. This was the real deal, an ancient PC that had belonged to the sellers aged aunt (who mercifully wasn […]
Show full quote

2) Then the second pickup. This was the real deal, an ancient PC that had belonged to the sellers aged aunt (who mercifully wasn't a smoker) until she passed away. I was shocked to hear the (modest) proceeds weren't beer money but would be feeding his family for a week. Even in a country like the Netherlands there is real hardship in places...

full.png

[...]
Juster 'Active 75' speakers. That weren't.

Cyrix200+ wrote:
Got my own set of these iconic speakers (sold in many brand variations) […]
Show full quote

d6P35gSl.jpg

FFS, I had literally never seen these until the last two pages of this thread, but then look what pops up on my local site TODAY:

68880491_614.jpg
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Mul … eakers_31177918

I'm probably not gonna grab them (unless you guys tell me they're AMAZING or something) as I have more than enough speakers, but thought this was funny. They're only five bucks, but they're also a 45 minute drive away which I don't feel like doing just to continue a forum joke. 😜

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 23254 of 53040, by amadeus777999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Last goodie to sooth my CRT boner - IIyama Vision Master 451. Very good picture, better than the big brother's and no rose tint. What really stuck out was the picture's brightness - amazing for a CRT.
The Samsung Syncmaster 957p is, overall, still better though.

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_1593.jpg
    File size
    450.59 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_1599.jpg
    File size
    718.78 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 23257 of 53040, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xjas wrote:

I'm probably not gonna grab them (unless you guys tell me they're AMAZING or something) as I have more than enough speakers, but thought this was funny. They're only five bucks, but they're also a 45 minute drive away which I don't feel like doing just to continue a forum joke. 😜

Those speakers seem to be pretty common in the Netherlands, I think I passed at least two pairs of them on the King's Day flea markets.

Reply 23258 of 53040, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote:

Box arrived today. Contents are (mostly) here: https://imgur.com/a/gfRcI8g

As could be expected, quite a few PCI modems and network cards (although, a nice variation of brands). A couple of interesting items also. And a lot of stuff I have absolutely no use for.

Highlights (for me):

Tseng ET6000 PCI:

nIhCMtRl.jpg

ATi Mach32 PCI:

DbXzhESl.jpg?1

Realmagic MPEG card? Not really useful but still cool:

k3qKpKpl.jpg?1

OPTi ISA sound:

KhgSRopl.jpg?1

Adaptec SCSI controller (64bit / 66MHz PCI? don't know enough about it yet). Comes with RAM and battery (probably dead for a long time):

5NRFwvQl.jpg

Diamond Viper V770 AGP:

fCk3whcl.jpg?1

Also, in an unrelated shipment, this beauty:

pMvs7Del.jpg

1982 to 2001