VOGONS

Reply 40 of 43, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just as a small update, I managed to repair the 3.3V generation and my DX4 is now working on that board without any workarounds.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 41 of 43, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was going through my spare systems the other day (stuff I bought and haven't touched yet) and found that I had yet another v1.7 board. To top it off, it came with a an IBM - Cyrix 5x86 100.

Just finished pulling it out of the case because the case it was in is an old Everex Step 286 case that is going top be my 286 build.

Anyway, it has the 12-01-1995 BIOS on it AND it is working with Write-Back L1 cache set. Going to try the POD83 and see if WB cache is working with it as well.

This 1.7 board is different in that it just has a white serial number sticker instead of the golden date/serial number sticker on the last ISA slot.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 42 of 43, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

WB is still not working on the POD83 according to the cpuchk program. Tried a bunch of different jumper settings as well since I thought maybe there was a jumper combo that changes between at and wb like on some board but it didn't help.

Will try AMD 5x86 another time to see if WB works on them.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 43 of 43, by fsinan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Out of the context but I would like to ask something, just bought one with 8MB of FPRAM. But I dont have any more FPM. I have EDO modules. Can I use EDO RAM on this board?

System:1
Cyrix 5x86-100GP
U-Board ST1A with "0"KB Cache 😀
System:2
AMD K6-2-475(Changing frequently with Cyrix 6x86MX PR-233)
TMC MI5VP4
System:3
UMC U5S-40
486UL-P101