VOGONS

What are your thoughts about these specs

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 43, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can connect Sandforce based SSD to VT8237. Sandforce has utility to force SATAI mode.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 41 of 43, by shevalier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
theiceman085 wrote on 2023-05-18, 17:29:

You could also check out the youtube channel Phil's computer lab. He has also reviewed many different CPUs. I believe a P3 1 GHZ was among the CPU he reviewed.

No need to watch YouTube, you can see enough and cool down. There will be a state of "passed all the games on YouTube."
You need to take what is achievable and try.
Then look for something to replace, something that does not suit you.

Aopen MX3S, PIII-S Tualatin 1133, Radeon 9800Pro@XT BIOS, Diamond monster sound MX300
JetWay K8T8AS, Athlon DH-E6 3000+, Radeon HD2600Pro AGP, Audigy 2 Value

Reply 42 of 43, by predator_085

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the link theiceman. I will go to check it out . I will also check phils channel out.

Thanks for the advice too @The Seperent Rider.

@Schevalier has a point though. Being too picky is not thing to do. the number of parts is not unlimited in genernal. And finding parts that are on budget is even more difficult.

I should really just take what is available for me and then try.

Although I really find the idea very appealing to have a system that overpowedered for my required time frame I also should be happy with a more peroid correct but still powerful system.

With such peroid correct system I would still get a better experience than I had back then in the 90s.

Did not get decent gpu until 2001 when I got my geforce 2 mx based asus 7100. In the 90s I had a early ati combo card with tv function.

maybe a good P3. 1.2 ghz or maybe even the 800mhz p3 that is included in the system is all I need.

I will just take what I can get and then try things out. That's really the most reasonable take.

Reply 43 of 43, by theiceman085

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@predator you are welcome

shevalier wrote on 2023-05-19, 02:32:
No need to watch YouTube, you can see enough and cool down. There will be a state of "passed all the games on YouTube." You need […]
Show full quote
theiceman085 wrote on 2023-05-18, 17:29:

You could also check out the youtube channel Phil's computer lab. He has also reviewed many different CPUs. I believe a P3 1 GHZ was among the CPU he reviewed.

No need to watch YouTube, you can see enough and cool down. There will be a state of "passed all the games on YouTube."
You need to take what is achievable and try.
Then look for something to replace, something that does not suit you.

That's a good argument. Getting to carried away could be a mistake. I should try not to fall victim of that way of thinking during my own search for my upcoming rig as well.

It was still very informative to me learn about the different options. I though it could be interesting for the op as well.

But you are right knowning about different possibilites and getting the proper parts is different animal. Especially at at affordable price. Looking for something that's achievable is the only sane thing to do.