VOGONS

MSI 9105 only one cpu recognised

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 64, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My friend was able to fix it. It had some SMD that needed to be changed.
Took time and money.
Now it works.

Last edited by Mamba on 2023-06-25, 09:05. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 62 of 64, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mamba wrote on 2023-06-25, 05:50:

My friend was able to fix it. It had some SMSD that needed to be changed.
Took time and money.
Now it works.

Good!
Could you please explain a little more, might help others.
I'd really like to know what it was.

Ciao!

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 63 of 64, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here the last part of the work (Google translate):

“The next section where to intervene is the one near/between the agp and pci slot. The 1000uF capacitors have been replaced, only the welds and the pcb are damaged. I think he used a very corrosive flowing liquid, which damaged the tracks below. I understand this from the welding points that have been riveted / squeezed with something (a hammer I think ...) to adhere to the pcb. But, as you can see from the photos I attach, the pcb is damaged.

The capacitors are:

EC45

EC13

EC20

These capacitors work and pollute the vcc3 line, which is in common, according to the scheme you sent me, also to socket1 and socket2"

And then the solution:

"As I had anticipated in previous emails, I intervened in the area I had indicated to you, the capacitors on the vcc3, which is in common with the cpu.

I tried to repair the contacts, unwelding and icing the 3 capacitors on several occasions, in the end I succeeded. Welds not nice, but functional.

I restored/rebuilt a track adjacent to one of the offending capacitors and the system also recognized the second cpu."

Reply 64 of 64, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mamba wrote on 2023-06-25, 13:25:
Here the last part of the work (Google translate): […]
Show full quote

Here the last part of the work (Google translate):

“The next section where to intervene is the one near/between the agp and pci slot. The 1000uF capacitors have been replaced, only the welds and the pcb are damaged. I think he used a very corrosive flowing liquid, which damaged the tracks below. I understand this from the welding points that have been riveted / squeezed with something (a hammer I think ...) to adhere to the pcb. But, as you can see from the photos I attach, the pcb is damaged.

The capacitors are:

EC45

EC13

EC20

These capacitors work and pollute the vcc3 line, which is in common, according to the scheme you sent me, also to socket1 and socket2"

And then the solution:

"As I had anticipated in previous emails, I intervened in the area I had indicated to you, the capacitors on the vcc3, which is in common with the cpu.

I tried to repair the contacts, unwelding and icing the 3 capacitors on several occasions, in the end I succeeded. Welds not nice, but functional.

I restored/rebuilt a track adjacent to one of the offending capacitors and the system also recognized the second cpu."

So, it was physical damage.
Hope you'll bench it soon and post some pics.
Have fun!

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K