VOGONS

First post, by NarakuITA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My uncle gave me this fantastic HP IPAQ RX3700, with two new working batteries. Everything is there, except the CD which he couldn't find.
You only need to change the backup battery which is worn out.
Can you tell me what type of battery, so I can order it? I can't find the CD on the internet, can you help me. If it's in Italian even better, otherwise I'll settle for the English one.
Lastly, I wonder if this device has a keyboard to attach, like the Palm m100.
I can't find it. I'd love to have one. It would be very convenient to use with a keyboard.

hp-ipaq-rx3700-slika-166720091.jpg

Now all I have to do is change the backup battery, but I don't know how.
I would also like to get a new battery, because I realized that one of the two I have doesn't work very well. I think he's dying.
I attach images with the characteristics.

Battery features:

IMG-20240424-020305.jpg

Device Feature:

IMG-20240424-020419.jpg

There is a sticker that says: Removing the seal voids the warranty.
There seems to be something underneath them, maybe the backup battery is there?

IMG-20240424-020452.jpg

Reply 1 of 1, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NarakuITA wrote on 2024-04-26, 22:41:
My uncle gave me this fantastic HP IPAQ RX3700, with two new working batteries. Everything is there, except the CD which he coul […]
Show full quote

My uncle gave me this fantastic HP IPAQ RX3700, with two new working batteries. Everything is there, except the CD which he couldn't find.
You only need to change the backup battery which is worn out.
Can you tell me what type of battery, so I can order it? I can't find the CD on the internet, can you help me. If it's in Italian even better, otherwise I'll settle for the English one.
Lastly, I wonder if this device has a keyboard to attach, like the Palm m100.
I can't find it. I'd love to have one. It would be very convenient to use with a keyboard.

hp-ipaq-rx3700-slika-166720091.jpg

Now all I have to do is change the backup battery, but I don't know how.
I would also like to get a new battery, because I realized that one of the two I have doesn't work very well. I think he's dying.
I attach images with the characteristics.

Battery features:

IMG-20240424-020305.jpg

Device Feature:

IMG-20240424-020419.jpg

There is a sticker that says: Removing the seal voids the warranty.
There seems to be something underneath them, maybe the backup battery is there?

IMG-20240424-020452.jpg

The small internal backup battery is only designed to prevent loss of main memory data whilst (quickly) swapping between main batteries - it's not meant for extended use or to fully power-on the unit. Far as I'm aware it's not a user serviceable / replaceable part. If you want to charge any of the main batteries they should be installed in the iPAQ, and the iPAQ should be placed in the charging cradle and plugged in (charging normally takes a few hours).

If you want a new main battery, just Google 360136-001 and select that or any listed as equivalent.

There are keyboard attachments available, like this one (not my listing) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225921397286

Can't find the CD atm, but if you need (online) manuals try here - https://archive.org/search?query=rx3000