VOGONS

First post, by aspiringnobody

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello all -- I tried to buy an Asus P2B-N to replace the Gateway NLX motherboard with crappy VRM. Unfortunately the board was DoA (one of the corners of the board was bent up and all the pins of the ram slots were broken off. no activity at all on the post code analyzer). The only other option for an NLX motherboard with any decent VRM appears to be the MES-N -- but it's limited to a Celeron 766?? Anyone have any experience with this board? It's got a SIS 620 chipset.

I'd really like a working P2B-N since I have a 1000MHz/100MHz FSB Pentium III (Slot 1). But the only other listing on E-Bay is $200 and he doesn't show real pictures or even what revision of the board is for sale.

Thanks for any advice,
Evan

Reply 1 of 1, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello.

Here is a list of CPUs that are official supported by the ASUS MES-N: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/mes-n/helpdesk_cpu/

The naming indicates that it was originally intended for Mendocino Celeron CPUs but revision 1.03 seems to have Coppermine support.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS