VOGONS

First post, by popcalent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, all.

I have a TW6052 386-SX @40 PC104 board that originally came with a 8MB Disk on Chip (DOC). I started with a boot disk, formatted the DOC, and transfer the system so I could boot from the DOC (which is unit C:). No problem at all.

I recently bought a 96MB DOC, put it on the board instead of the 8MB DOC and booted from the floppy drive with the idea of formatting it and transferring the system. The PC104 gets stuck right after showing the system information and right before starting MSDOS (see picture) and there's nothing I can do.

If I put back the 8MB DOC everything works fine again. If I start from a floppy without any DOC on the board everything works fine (but there's no DOC, obviously). Also, I bought two identical 96MB DOCs and the problem happens with both.

I don't see anything on the BIOS to tell the PC104 I changed the DOC (only IDE hard disks which I don't have), but even if the DOC was defective, I don't understand why I can't boot from the floppy disk... If the DOC was defective I should be able to start the PC104 from the floppy disk and simply be unable to access the DOC, correct?

Any ideas of what's going on? Thanks!

IMG_20240510_030753.jpg
IMG_20240519_043246.jpg