Topic actions

Reply 242 of 52801, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:
Alphakilo470 wrote:

Looks like there's a jumper missing on it.

Where? Got a couple hundred odd jumpers in a tool box 😉

IRQ setting, adress setting...

EDIT: Please check it out.

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/sound-cards-multi … R-2-0-CT13.html

Reply 243 of 52801, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, while looking for some PowerVR stuff online I stumbled upon an old computer store that was liquidating its stock and was selling Apocalypse 3dx cards with original driver disc for.... you won't guess.... $0.25 !!!
Well, guess what, I bought them all! They had 21 cards available, but only 20 discs. With shipping everything came out to about $27, I just got them in today:

apocalypse3dx1.jpg
apocalypse3dx2.jpg

Reply 245 of 52801, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Nice!

But I'm missing something 😒

I can't see any VGA ports?

Weird...

No idea why this is, but I'm pretty sure no company is stupid enough to "forget" to put a video port on it's own graphics card...😜

Reply 246 of 52801, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Nice!

But I'm missing something 😒

I can't see any VGA ports?

As far as i remember data transfer is done in the pci bus, so no external connections.

Reply 247 of 52801, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sprcorreia wrote:

As far as i remember data transfer is done in the pci bus, so no external connections.

Oh wow that's pretty neat!

Found a nice image:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:VideoLogic_ … calypse_3Dx.jpg

Last edited by Mau1wurf1977 on 2011-02-12, 02:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 248 of 52801, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jan3Sobieski wrote:

So, while looking for some PowerVR stuff online I stumbled upon an old computer store that was liquidating its stock and was selling Apocalypse 3dx cards with original driver disc for.... you won't guess.... $0.25 !!!
Well, guess what, I bought them all! They had 21 cards available, but only 20 discs. With shipping everything came out to about $27, I just got them in today:

So... Are you going to resell them?

Reply 249 of 52801, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sprcorreia wrote:

+1 maybe with a VOGONS special price (1 card max. per person) before you stick them on eBay 😎

Reply 250 of 52801, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
sprcorreia wrote:

+1 maybe with a VOGONS special price (1 card max. per person) before you stick them on eBay 😎

That's a good question. I think in the last couple of years I've bought 2 matrox m3d's on ebay for somewhere around $30 each, without drivers. There's a seller there now who's crazy if he thinks he'll sell that thing at $81.63 (it's some PcChips version)
What's a realistic price I could list them at?

Of course Vogons members would get first dibs 😁, but I guess in the spirit of friendship and all of us being retro hobbyists, I think I'd rather trade them for something than name a price.

EDIT: Well, I guess they're not worth as much as I thought. They're gonna end up on ebay in the next couple of months.

Last edited by Jan3Sobieski on 2011-02-14, 18:19. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 251 of 52801, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jan3Sobieski wrote:

Of course Vogons members would get first dibs 😁, but I guess in the spirit of friendship and all of us being retro hobbyists, I think I'd rather trade them for something than name a price.

Now that's a really great thing to say. So what are you looking for to trade? Have a bunch of things for sale and i would't mind to get a PCX in trade. I remember playing Ultimate Race for hours back then...

Reply 252 of 52801, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jan3Sobieski wrote:
So, while looking for some PowerVR stuff online I stumbled upon an old computer store that was liquidating its stock and was sel […]
Show full quote

apocalypse3dx2.jpg

Nice find!

No telling what you might get for one on ebay, $5-20 I would figure. They are just not sought after like the 3dfx cards, and even those have lost popularity. Now if they were in a retail box, people would be all over them I think. I have 2 cards with 2 CDs just like the ones pictured but if I saw one in a retail box I might just want another. 🤣

Reply 253 of 52801, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No idea how rare/sought after above cards are, but considering you got them for cheap I'd go with selling them for $2-$8 considering it surely took you some time to find them and the cards appearing unused. but that's just me (as this retro commerce with everyone trying to make as much money as possible from his "junk" is annoying) 😜

As for myself ... currently obtained:
- Kouwell Virtuoso with manuals (some unknown GUS compatible [1 useable hit on google]) - traded for a GUS Max 1.8
- Primax Music Sound / Altrasound BOXED - 20€
- PC Wonder Music (some AdLib Clone) BOXED but slightly damaged - 2€

Added 2011-02-13:
- Soundblaster 1.5 BOXED - 22€
- HP Scanjet 3970 (being from 2004 and USB, not exactly retro I suppose) - 5€

Reply 254 of 52801, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This seems to be the general "lookie what I scored" thread, so... lookie what I scored. 😁

I went to a HAM Radio/Computer festival in Orlando over the weekend... it's basically a huge swap meet and is usually very good for random retro-computer type junk. This year was no exception.

First, there's the cards I got:

10nuoub.jpg

Finally I got ahold of an ET4000 to play with. I've been unwilling to pay the usual eBay prices for 'em, so I consider that one to be the best conquest out of the lot. Also got a WD Paradise card, dunno much about those later WD chipsets, nor can I find any info about the jumper settings on that particular card, but it's something different to play with, at least. The other cards are pretty self-explanatory. The Audigy has a broken cap I need to fix, but everything else is in good shape.

Then there's this beast:

2d92rg3.jpg

It's a 1.2MB drive, and appears to support the 720KB format as well. The only other spare 5.25" drives I had were the weird 2.4MB IBM deals, which are a bit finicky about reading lower-density disks, so this drive will make my life easier when dealing with my old XT.

So... the total bill for all this stuff? Two dollars. It was $1 each for the Audigy and Virge, the rest of the stuff was free. 🤣

Reply 255 of 52801, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The TEAC FD55-GFR is a really awesome drive as it basically eats everything.
I've got 2 of these around, 1 of them stuck on this "weird" russian made clone of a ZX Spectrum.

Reply 256 of 52801, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jan3Sobieski wrote:
So, while looking for some PowerVR stuff online I stumbled upon an old computer store that was liquidating its stock and was sel […]
Show full quote

apocalypse3dx1.jpg
apocalypse3dx2.jpg

I bought my Tseng ET6100 from that guy and he's had those video cards for at least 2 years since I first found him. If I had known he had the CD's that went with them, I'd have grabbed them myself. Would have been nice if he'd advertised that fact.

Reply 257 of 52801, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

So... the total bill for all this stuff? Two dollars. It was $1 each for the Audigy and Virge, the rest of the stuff was free. 🤣

Outstanding bargain, congratulations! 😀

Reply 258 of 52801, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought my Tseng ET6100 from that guy and he's had those video cards for at least 2 years since I first found him. If I had known he had the CD's that went with them, I'd have grabbed them myself. Would have been nice if he'd advertised that fact.

Any chance of getting a link to that place, or are you guys keeping it as a 'secret stash' sorta thing?