6317a28f1bf31958eabccac1403ce6572898.jpg

Digital Audio Lab CardD plus + I/OCardD

Can you SLI those CardDs? 🤣

Reply 582 of 52951, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Those cards look nice, though I never heard of them before. Anything particular about them?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 583 of 52951, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've made a bit of a haul today...

Akxa7l.jpg
click for large

Amiga 500, Amiga 1200/HD40, Commodore 1084S monitor, stack of disks and original manuals/warranty card 😀 I believe the 500 has a 512KB RAM expansion too.

Anyone into amiga machines here? I'm pretty new to them but I definitely want to explore and play with them a bit. I don't know much about them unfortunately, so I'll have to leaf through those manuals. If anyone can share some advice or tricks etc I would appreciate it 😀

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 584 of 52951, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool, amiga 500! Time to play North vs South and Brutal Sports! 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 585 of 52951, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh wow, very nice!

Well I don't know much about the Amiga either. But I do know that people usually use the 1200 and mod it somehow with a HDD or CF card and some nifty software. This allows you to play Amiga 500 games on the 1200 without the loading times.

But yea I know very little, although I had one for a very brief time (school friend sold it, played 2 weeks and sold it for a little bit more again). Basically you insert the game disc, turn the machine on and that's it...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 586 of 52951, by iulianv

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

Those cards look nice, though I never heard of them before. Anything particular about them?

Looks pretty professional 😀 - http://webdevelopersjournal.com/studio/cardd.html

Reply 587 of 52951, by kemot001

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got the cleanest audio from all of my cards including many cards for PCI slot

I can compare them only with my Echo Darla
I use both of them them in my current retro computer setup

Can you SLI those CardDs?

🤣 You can use two of these cards in one system

4bd922a51bfd91250ad288d2e119225910932.jpg
92de0daad7d61d586e0420f3639a42e716933.jpg

One is used as a general Windows 98 sound card - for windows sound, and games, other as a card for listing the music with foobar

0ad6a4fcffe738c91f85f99458cd700012869.jpg
signal form first cards goes to a speakers signal from second (music card) is connected to a small amplifier with headphones

69b1742e33a6387e816ffb724de9bbee7066.jpg
I must say i`m very happy with the sound quality of CardD plus cards been looking for these card for a long time since i saw this
SoundBench: 17 PCI and ISA Sound Cards Tested
http://alasir.com/reviews/soundbench/page2of5.html

My retro sound card collection
http://retrosoundcards.wordpress.com/

Reply 588 of 52951, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got my hands on a Roland MT-32. The is my first time messing with one of these, and to be honest, I never thought I would ever get my hands on one at the prices that they usually run.

Just waiting for the rest of the hardware to arrive so I can test it.

mt320001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply 589 of 52951, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This morning, two packages arrived!
The first contained a Diamond Monster Sound MX200 with the Monster MIDI daughterboard. I have been looking for this daughterboard for quite a while and last week I was quick enough to snap it up on eBay for a very reasonable price.
The second package, besides a Gigabyte GA-6VEML motherboard (socket 370 with Tualatin support and an ISA slot, including 2x512MB PC133 RAM) contained a Gravis Ultrasound Extreme, with manual and CD! What a great day!

Attachments

• Filename
    100_6775.JPG
    File size
    591.23 KiB
    Downloads
    335 downloads
    File comment
    Diamond Monster Sound MX200 with Monster MIDI daughterboard and Gravis Ultrasound Extreme!
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 590 of 52951, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nemesis wrote:
Got my hands on a Roland MT-32. The is my first time messing with one of these, and to be honest, I never thought I would ever […]
Show full quote

Got my hands on a Roland MT-32. The is my first time messing with one of these, and to be honest, I never thought I would ever get my hands on one at the prices that they usually run.

Just waiting for the rest of the hardware to arrive so I can test it.

mt320001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm always on the lookout for an MT-32 but I'm also not willing to pay the sometimes outrageous prices they go for.

A couple of recent acquisitions to report, too.

A CT3600 with two memory sticks and a CT3670, also with two memory sticks. I'm not sure how much memory is in them because I haven't had time to test them yet, but they were both $5 each so I wasn't going to wait for a machine to put them in at that price.

Reply 591 of 52951, by memsys

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A few days ago package arrived containing a Biostar MB-8433UUD-A motherboard with an amd 5X86 133MHz.
The package also contained an AT powersuply (sadly the P8 and P9 cables are too short so i can't use it 😒 ).
I only paid 26,75€ for it and that included shipping!
Linky to photo

Reply 592 of 52951, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
memsys wrote:
A few days ago package arrived containing a Biostar MB-8433UUD-A motherboard with an amd 5X86 133MHz. The package also contained […]
Show full quote

A few days ago package arrived containing a Biostar MB-8433UUD-A motherboard with an amd 5X86 133MHz.
The package also contained an AT powersuply (sadly the P8 and P9 cables are too short so i can't use it 😒 ).
I only paid 26,75€ for it and that included shipping!
Linky to photo

Good find and a good price. Of all the 486 PCI boards, that one seems to be turning up a lot more frequently than the others for some reason. It's also hard to get a decent price on any 486 PCI motherboard.

This arrived today.

KGrHqMOKjsE4h9hKbBOPzynL9Ow0_12.jpg

GF3 TI 200 is not particularly rare in itself, but in the original box with manual and all the disks isn't that easy, and for only $16 shipped.
😮

Reply 594 of 52951, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This came today thanks to Gary at the Dodge Garage for $61 shipped. It was a bit more than I normally spend but I thought it was worth it for all the 3dfx enhanced software that came with it.

KGrHqUOKjkE4sidQvVBBOPtOiYkg0_12.jpg

Also got a 12mb and a 8mb V2 and another Voodoo Graphics from a different seller for $33 shipped.

Reply 595 of 52951, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This year visit of local scrapyard was disappointment, because they moved all computer stuff away, but at last i found one medical device. So this graphic card does that nice waves, which shows hearts pulse 😀

marquettefb.jpg

Last edited by vlask on 2011-12-31, 00:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 596 of 52951, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vlask wrote:
This year visit of local scrapyard was disappointment, because they moved all computer stuff away, but at last i found one medic […]
Show full quote

This year visit of local scrapyard was disappointment, because they moved all computer stuff away, but at last i found one medical device. So this graphic card does that nice waves, which shows hearts pulse 😀

marquettefb.jpg

That's a nice find actually, a nice addition to your incredible museum! ;D

Report spammers here!

Reply 597 of 52951, by awergh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

since I decided it appears that this thread is perfectly fine for discussing what you have found not just bought.
Theres quite a bit of found at uni lately but I post about that later pitty I have no pictures 🙁

anyway I found an Antec Sonata II that on the outside looks fine however this is a downside. There is a reason that it was being junked there is this black area under where the motherboard goes which is I'm not quite sure what it is I thought it was melted stuff but maybe it is melted motherboard plastic. There is also some burnish grey stuff and there is a bit of a smell not terrible unpleasant but its still there. So it is sitting airing outside which probably isn't enough to remove the smell.

I don't really want to chuck the Smart Power 450W PSU but I'm not sure I want to keep it either it might of been the root of the cause of the burn marks I don't think I could possibly trust it. Also it smells a bit like the burnt smell inside so if its on I'm sure it would just move that smell everywhere.

Any suggestions on desmellering? (I wonder why Opera doesn't think thats a word 😜) perhaps I only need to scrape off the black stuff since I'm sure the case couldn't have been hot enough to melt the metal?

Reply 598 of 52951, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
awergh wrote:
since I decided it appears that this thread is perfectly fine for discussing what you have found not just bought. Theres quite a […]
Show full quote

since I decided it appears that this thread is perfectly fine for discussing what you have found not just bought.
Theres quite a bit of found at uni lately but I post about that later pitty I have no pictures 🙁

anyway I found an Antec Sonata II that on the outside looks fine however this is a downside. There is a reason that it was being junked there is this black area under where the motherboard goes which is I'm not quite sure what it is I thought it was melted stuff but maybe it is melted motherboard plastic. There is also some burnish grey stuff and there is a bit of a smell not terrible unpleasant but its still there. So it is sitting airing outside which probably isn't enough to remove the smell.

I don't really want to chuck the Smart Power 450W PSU but I'm not sure I want to keep it either it might of been the root of the cause of the burn marks I don't think I could possibly trust it. Also it smells a bit like the burnt smell inside so if its on I'm sure it would just move that smell everywhere.

Any suggestions on desmellering? (I wonder why Opera doesn't think thats a word 😜) perhaps I only need to scrape off the black stuff since I'm sure the case couldn't have been hot enough to melt the metal?

The PSU I would open up (but leave it laying on a shelf unplugged for a couple days or so) to see if theres any burned out components.
The case, you can feel if theres plastic sticking to the metal with your fingers. If there is, you could try using fine sandpaper and carefully sand it away. Be sure to not go all the way through the metal though! 😜

The PSU may not be bad, it might smell burned as it sucked in the burny-smell (that even a word? 🤣) before it shut down, especially if this happened not so long ago.

Whenever I get a new case, I (this is true) give it a clean, either with wet paper towels in the bathroom or just a paintbrush if I'm lazy. This should remove like 90% of the smellydust if it isn't melted to the metal.

If the case is a good one (and usually Antec are) then I'd also try and figure out a way to make it usable 😉

Edit: Pics? 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 599 of 52951, by awergh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

no Pics I lack pic taking functionality.

I think the PSU sucked in burny smell yeah (I'm sure burny is much a work as desmellering is) although the Antec Smart Power 450W apparently are prone to failure so I dunno. Looking inside looks visually ok but I may have missed something.

Sound paper sounds like a good idea I read about using an ammonia based cleaner but I'd probably have to go buy that and I'm sure there is sand paper around somewhere I can use instead.

I'm pretty sure the burn marks are very recent I think it may have only been as recent as friday because apparently there was a computer that had lots of smoke and caused the building to be evacuated so I'm pretty sure its that case. There really wasn't very much dust in it.

Part of the cleaning difficulty is that the black patch is the melted plastic and then there is kinda dark greyish area a bit further from the spot (this really is a bit hard without pictures) which some of it came off with water but the rest doesn't seem to want to I'm guessing this is smoke damage but I don't really know.

Either way it would be nice to clean it up before I put a mobo in there cause simply covering up the black with mobo does not quite appeal to me.