VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 640 of 52819, by retrofool

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Guys,

I know I'm in far away Canada, but I have a fancy EPROM programmer and probably reams of 27(C)128's (see my signature comment, 🤣). If desperation sets in, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

can't seem to throw anything out...

Reply 641 of 52819, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Er, not exactly retro hardware, but CH USB controllers work great to play DOS games through DOSBOX, especially since you can "mask" those devices as a four axis joystick or a pair of two axis joysticks.

I successfully map the joystick, throttle, and rudder axis into a pair of two axis joysticks to play Gunship 2000 in DOSBOX. The game was too old to support throttle and pedals, but it supports a pair of joysticks, so there I went.

Fiddling for a moment, I eventually changed the throttle axis to emulate keyboard keypresses '+' and '-' for throttle, because it is more precise that way. But still keep the rudder axis as the X axis of the second joystick for analog pedal movement.

CH Control Center rocks. And I start questioning myself: what the hell am I doing, sticking with Thrustmasters all these years? 😁

chfighterstickthrottlepedals-buy01-pic01.jpg

chfighterstickthrottlepedals-buy01-pic02.jpg

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 642 of 52819, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never been a big user of those flight sim joysticks myself, but i found myself logitech force 3D for 5 bucks at the flea market, did not use it yet.

However ive been on a (retro) shopping spree recently

buyingspree.jpg

Reply 643 of 52819, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And my XT motherboard is in!! 😈 🤣

Its a JUKO ST CLONE i think. On the bios chip it says: FLYTEK ST-12
Very good deal i thought, in comparing if you mind that the JUKO ST is a lot expensiver on Ebay. This is really a bargin! 😁

Now the pictures ofcourse 😅

18dsc00211.th.jpg

58dsc00213.th.jpg

45dsc00215.th.jpg

23dsc00214.th.jpg

1MB DIP memory is on his way! 🤣 🤣

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 644 of 52819, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

thats a v30! wow! thats probably the FASTEST 8086/8088 compatible chip made. the NEC chips were cool because they had could emulate an 8080 so the "older" software could be ran as well. I don't know what you paid for it, but you have a real gem there!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 645 of 52819, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its an V20 not an v30..

Bought it for 43 euros included shipping..

Caculated in American dollars included shipping: $55,29

Reply 646 of 52819, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Found a local guy selling a bunch of old 4:3 LCD monitors for cheap. Got a few old dells 19" for $40 a piece. Just ordered a DVI-D cable for 3.49 shipped off ebay for it. Hopefully that will bring a better picture.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 648 of 52819, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wish I could find the time to post on this thread more, because I get some kind of interesting computer related stuff every few days at least. At any rate, as far as the last two buys are concerned, last Friday I nabbed two HP Compaq LGA775 Pentium 4 3ghz HT towers. They each had sata 80gb hd, 512 meg DDR2, and a standard cd burner. Paid 10 bucks each.

Today I nabbed a Saitek X52, some older HP tower with a slot A/Athlon 850 motherboard cpu combo, with a Soundblaster 128 and TNT 2 card installed also, and a loose Gainward Geforce Ti 4200 128meg (cant remember if this is the golden sample version or not, need to look it up). The Saitek ran me $4, the Ti 4200 $2, and the HP tower $8. Here are some pics of the Saitek both before and after the software has been installed:
Picture126.jpg
Picture128.jpg
Picture129.jpg
Picture131.jpg

Just to note, the Saitek looks and feels totally unused. Other then a little dust from sitting on a shelf, it is near mint condition.

EDIT: Silly me, I should have looked at the sticker on the ram on the TI 4200. It is indeed a Golden Sample.

Reply 652 of 52819, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

that line out jack is for audio when you have installed on the card the mpeg decoder module

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 653 of 52819, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yea, this one i got is with decoder chip on the card already. So theres vga, tvout and audio out. Scenic/MX2 is audio/video MPEG1 decoder.

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 654 of 52819, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the insight guys, this is one of the reason i love this forum, always people around knowing the answer to these kinds of questions 😀

Btw, i thought you might want to see what 12 pounds of video card looks like ( minus a few cards that i took elsewhere). I bought this lot from an electronic recycler guy for 1$/LBS. So 12 $ total 😁 . Good thing i bought this since the next guy probably would have sent all this to metal recovery... R.I.P. All the cards appear to be in good condition.

vidcards.jpg

On the right are all variations of the ATI Rage chipset... A load of them, pretty worthless since they are very common but good cards in their own. On the left are other cards : I have one original 3dfx voodoo2 , 4 3dfx Voodoo3 ( at least one is a 3000) , one creative 3d blaster banshee , a diamond s3 savage 4, riva 128 2x trio 64 and maybe another card or two.

So far i tried 6 cards, 100% working yet... So for 12$ ?? 🤣

Reply 656 of 52819, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

33dsc00229.th.jpg

My kouwell HD floppy card has arrived. It was not cheap at all, but very happy to have it here!

And bought an Future domain like SCSI HDD controller.. It has an 2 pins LED jumper on it. Dont know exactly wich type it is, but looks usefull to me to use it as HDD controller card. (dont like to use an MFM or RLL drive)

Only have to look for an EEPROM for it, and program it with 8.20 bios. And hopes it will boot..

Reply 657 of 52819, by memsys

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yesterday the mailman delivered a package containing my ibm model m.
It still work fine considering the packaging was a plastic bag and a piece of cardboard wrapped around it that was being weld together with LOTS of tape.
The led's are not working properly (as in flickering or not working at all) , hopefully it's a simple fix .
Now i need an active ps2 to usb adapter and a 5,5mm thin wall nut driver.

P1070628.jpg

Reply 658 of 52819, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I still have three of them in my cabinet (perfect condition), anyone wants to buy one?

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 659 of 52819, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
schlang wrote:

I still have three of them in my cabinet (perfect condition), anyone wants to buy one?

"click click click click..." Hmmm, maybe if i had been in germany 😜
I have a couple of them clicky keyboard but never tried the true model M to compare.