3dfx Voodoo 5
100_2034.jpg

GeForce 3 that came with the system
100_2036.jpg

Specs that a previous owner scribbled on the lid
100_2039.jpg

Back of the PC with Quantum3D branding
100_2041.jpg

Necessary software for the 3dfx fanatic- er, fan...
100_2044.jpg

I'm using AmigaMerlin's drivers
100_2042.jpg

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 1061 of 52943, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bought one more bit of tech for the above Graphite:

Ensoniq ES1370
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensoniq_AudioPCI#ES1370

It has adequate onboard sound, but I always wanted an Ensoniq card prior to Creative taking over them. Considering I put a Voodoo 5 in it, this sound card seemed appropriate. I also wanted something DOS-compatible once I get a dual boot set up.

“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi

Reply 1062 of 52943, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got a 350MHz K6-2, Tekram P5M4-M+, and some RAM as a combo for the cost of shipping from an awesome guy over on [H]ardForum. I'm gonna migrate my Diamond Monster Fusion (3dfx Banshee) and Sound Blaster PCI128 (aka an AudioPCI) into it, since the Aptiva they're in has pretty much no airflow (not even holes for a rear fan) and I kind of want to keep that machine stock anyways since I have the original monitor and keyboard for it.

Here's the kicker though, the guy also included, as a total surprise to me, a Diamond Stealth II SR220, which is a Rendition Verite 2100. I've been wanting one for awhile, so I was crazy excited when I found it. Now I can finally run SODA Off-Road Racing without having to use software rendering. That's one of my favorite games as a kid, it'll be awesome to finally be able to play it properly 😁

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 1064 of 52943, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vlask wrote:

Genuine i740 with 4MB memory, who needs more with agp texturing 😁

Anyone who bought one and found out how bad AGP texturing was. That's why I got the Real3D Starfighter PCI with 24mb. It's one of the few instances where the PCI card is faster than the AGP version.

Reply 1065 of 52943, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vlask wrote:

Genuine i740 with 4MB memory, who needs more with agp texturing 😁

Never thought about Intel having a 4mb part themselves. I happen to have the more "elite" 8mb version of the Express 3D still sealed in retailbox. 🤣

Reply 1066 of 52943, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Recently got myself two new ISA soundcards from ebay 😀

A full Terratec EWS64 with front module (just missing the 26 pin cable which I have ordered from China) - €12.50
e301s.jpg

And a Audio Excel AV-310 for €5

av310.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply 1067 of 52943, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today's thrift store score:

- Pentium 3 550 Slot 1
- Dymo embossed label writer
- LiteON PSU 250W ATX
- Ever PSU 200W AT
- Hewlett Packard server PSU, with 60A on +12V rail!

Reply 1070 of 52943, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

Is that a Soundscape Pro?

holy crap! there is a Motorola 68k processor on that thing...

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 1074 of 52943, by vman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many years ago I bought an MS Sidewinder Joystick. It too have a very firm action and as you said after a month of XWING, TIE Fighter etc it was sloppy as and old sauage. For reasons I don't know I had kept the packaging (possibly pack rat genes) for the joystick. The yoke(?) of the joystick had a poly-something or other (like sponge rubber) collar about it to stop the yoke from bouncing around in the box. I slipped that piece of packing about the yoke and bingo it firmed up the stick and it stayed firmed up. You may want to try something like this if you ever have that problem again.

Reply 1075 of 52943, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

S-2000!

Nice work, where'd you get it in the end?

I tried mine the other day and was impressed, never heard one before. What are you planning on doing with it? (system specs / OS)

Reply 1078 of 52943, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I saw a Live! with the front panel up on ebay recently. I gave my dad the Audigy 2 ZS with the drive bay attachements back in 2005 for Father's Day. I tried hooking my Sound Canvas up to it once. Didn't seem to work right. His old Carver stereo died, so I had intended that to be a replacement so he could hook his Bose speakers up to it somehow.

Reply 1079 of 52943, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found it on eBay listed as "Ensoniq AudioPort." Picked it up from a guy overseas.

It's going into a legacy, 1st Gen Pentium build of mine for MIDI only. Windows 98SE.

badmofo wrote:
Artex wrote:

S-2000!

Nice work, where'd you get it in the end?

I tried mine the other day and was impressed, never heard one before. What are you planning on doing with it? (system specs / OS)