Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 1080 of 52822, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Received two NEC XR385 wavetable cards today 😀

Now I'll have to see if they still work, one of them has some nasty scratches on the circuit board...

Reply 1081 of 52822, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I ordered one from China on eBay but it apparently got lost because I never received it.

🙁

jwt27 wrote:

Now I'll have to see if they still work, one of them has some nasty scratches on the circuit board...

Reply 1082 of 52822, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:

I ordered one from China on eBay but it apparently got lost because I never received it.

🙁

jwt27 wrote:

Did you not get a tracking code from the seller?

I did have a tracking number, but the web site was all in Chinese.. Thank god for Google Translate.

Reply 1083 of 52822, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I did, but the last known spot was Great Britain, and it has not changed since then (April 18th). It was ordered on April 3rd and now it's May 16th. 🙁

I used the following site (which appears to be rather unstable) to track the package:
http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/itemStatusQuery.do?lan=0

The eBAY seller was "double-fish1981"

jwt27 wrote:
Artex wrote:

🙁

jwt27 wrote:

Did you not get a tracking code from the seller?

I did have a tracking number, but the web site was all in Chinese.. Thank god for Google Translate.

Reply 1084 of 52822, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm that sucks.

I got mine from the same seller, and it arrived in 12 days after shipping. Maybe yours got stuck in customs or something, the package is marked as gift with a total value of $10 even though the ebay listing says "We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as gifts".

Reply 1085 of 52822, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Didn't buy these but checked out a pile of parts that was going to the skip. There is more there, especially a huge dual CPU server board with onboard storage controller.

The whole computer weighted a ton!

The Adapted controller and video card is from another machine altogether.

Here are the pics of the bits I took home today

Just press CTRL and - to make the images smaller:

img1197k.jpg
img1196d.jpg
img1195a.jpg
img1194t.jpg
img1193di.jpg
img1192oq.jpg
img1191ay.jpg

Reply 1086 of 52822, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have that exact SCSI card, it came from a Dell Poweredge system with Dual P3 Xeons.

It's great, very configurable. 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1087 of 52822, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
Didn't buy these but checked out a pile of parts that was going to the skip. There is more there, especially a huge dual CPU ser […]
Show full quote

Didn't buy these but checked out a pile of parts that was going to the skip. There is more there, especially a huge dual CPU server board with onboard storage controller.

The whole computer weighted a ton!

The Adapted controller and video card is from another machine altogether.

Here are the pics of the bits I took home today

Just press CTRL and - to make the images smaller:

And to get your browser back to NORMAL, press CTRL and 0.
Or you could always right click on the picture you want to see and select View Image.

Wow those images take up 2 of my 3 monitors. 🤣

Reply 1088 of 52822, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just another Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold, and that makes my third.

sbawe64gold-buy03-pic01.jpg

Anyway, I never thought this thread would be so big, with 68801 views and 1088 replies, and keep on going. The number of replies is about three times of that of bought these games today thread. Are we more interested in old hardware than old games?

Reply 1089 of 52822, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think so! I have all this gear but have actually played very little. The games I did play properly I did so through DOSBox and ScummVM.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 1090 of 52822, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:
I did, but the last known spot was Great Britain, and it has not changed since then (April 18th). It was ordered on April 3rd a […]
Show full quote

I did, but the last known spot was Great Britain, and it has not changed since then (April 18th). It was ordered on April 3rd and now it's May 16th. 🙁

I used the following site (which appears to be rather unstable) to track the package:
http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/itemStatusQuery.do?lan=0

You COULD try the tracking code in either the USPS tracking system, or the one for RoyalMail(if it was passing thru the UK).

As these codes should be universal (RGxxxxxxxxCN, correct ?).
At least I am able to do that for MY registered packages, no matter where they are from... 😎

Using my local post providers search enginge, I get to see all data from the time it is passed on to the shipper in the senders country, and until it lands at my doorstep.

Though I assume it may have gotten stuck in US customs ?
Or stolen... I do believe you can get at least some money from the USPS if so... (this beeing 'Registered' and all?)

Or, I also have experienced an outgoing(from US) package going to Canada of all places, far from my location, but eventually was corrected onto the right path... 😵

Reply 1091 of 52822, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

I bought a couple of these DB's from this seller and they took over a month to arrive, just got stuck somewhere I guess. But they turned up eventually and work fine.

Reply 1092 of 52822, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, that's the same guy I got mine from too. He certainly wasn't in any particular hurry to get it sent out, nor did the postal service seem to be in any particular rush to get it in motion, but my board did eventually arrive. I think mine took closer to two months... TBH, I'd mostly forgotten about it by the time it arrived, so I didn't notice exactly how long it was.

Reply 1093 of 52822, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I also bought my board from that guy. It took about 14 days to arrive (about 10 working days) in Norway. The tracking was way off, it arrived when the tracking said it was still in China.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1095 of 52822, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got a Chieftec EATX case today to house my Pentium 4 system. Came with 3 fans, a bunch of cables and a cardreader/usb/lcd front panel thingy.. for only €15 😀
This is it: http://www.chieftec.com/BH02.html

Now I'll have to see if it fits on my desk.. this thing is huge 🤣

Reply 1096 of 52822, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Finally also got one of these NEC General Midi boards from eBay. Card works fine 😀

And I got a new 450W PSU for my Super Socket 7 time machine because the old OEM one that came with the case stopped working...

img1187o.jpg

img1203xb.jpg

Reply 1099 of 52822, by Tiremaster400

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Been hoarding Creative sound cards lately. Got another CT1350B, a CT1330A, and 3 more CT1600s one of which was boxed and appears unused. My other CT1350B and CT1600 are in a 286 and 486 respectively.

mOuTr.jpg

7gAY7.jpg

yLEmv.jpg

PpTZo.jpg