Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 1201 of 53064, by Dant

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
luckybob wrote:

100Mbit on ISA was NOT very common! Nice find!

Were there ever any gigabit ethernet ISA cards? I have yet to see one.

No, there weren't, ISA didn't have enough bandwidth to fully push 100Mb!
Even then, from what I've heard in the past, most of those 100Mb ISA NICs floor the CPU when in use.

Reply 1202 of 53064, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have these on the way:

gpulot.png

Diamond Voodoo 1
Visiontek Geforce 4 Ti 4200
Visiontek Geforce 3 Ti 200
BFG Technologies GeForce FX5900XT OC

Also have a BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC on the way.

Reply 1203 of 53064, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ProfessorProfessorson wrote:
Have these on the way: […]
Show full quote

Have these on the way:

gpulot.png

Diamond Voodoo 1
Visiontek Geforce 4 Ti 4200
Visiontek Geforce 3 Ti 200
BFG Technologies GeForce FX5900XT OC

Also have a BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC on the way.

LoL! I deleted that one from my watch list only this morning. I thought the shipping was too high.

Reply 1204 of 53064, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah he kept relisting and slowly inching the shipping down. I ended up winning for the minimum bid. Ebay bucks paid for most of it, I just paid $5 basically on it all. He does seem like a nice guy, said he was including a free mystery vga card in the box too. Its already shipped and on its way, via priority mail. Should be here middle of the week.

Reply 1205 of 53064, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Picked up some gems over the last few weeks. I will get some pix together VERY soon!

😁

Motherboard
ASUS P2B Motherboard

Memory
768MB MEMORY 32X64 168 PIN PC133 6NS 3.3V NON ECC SDRAM RAM

Video Card
nVidia RIVA TNT2 Ultra - Diamond Viper V770U AGP
AddA AP45005MX-G90 DC 5V .09A GPU Fan for Diamond Viper V770U

Case Badges
Genuine Intel Pentium II w/MMX
Genuine Intel Pentium w/MMX
Genuine Intel Pentium III
Genuine AMD K6-2 w/3dNow!

Cases
Enlight EN-7237 (4-bay) Case
Enlight EN-7237 (4-bay) Case

Monitors
Viewsonsic A90 19" CRT
Samsung SyncMaster 955DF 19" CRT

Audio-Related
CT1350B Rev. 3 (Sound Blaster 2.0) 😁
1 x CT1350B GAL chip
2 x CT1350B Phillps SAA1099 CMS Chips
CT1740 (OPL3, ASP socket, Waveblaster, MPU-401 UART, 16-bit playback)
CT1770 (SB16 SCSI) w/DSP CT1748A Chip 😁
CT3660 (Sound Blaster AWE 32)
CT3620 (Sound Blaster 32 PnP ISA with RAM)
CT1320C (Sound Blaster 1.5) 😁
Yamaha SW60XG MIDI ISA Card 😁
Roland SCD-15 MIDI Daughterboard 😁

Drives
2 x Sony 3.5" 1.44MB Internal Desktop Floppy Drive MPF920-Z

Power Supplies
2 x Enlight HPC-250G2 REV:A1-01 250W

-Steve

Reply 1207 of 53064, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have these on the way:

I'm really digging the quality of the loopback cable on that 3Dfx card. Nice and heavy. I reckon a lot of the image quality issues with Voodoo 1 cards comes from using rubbish loopback cables.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1208 of 53064, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

True. If your monitor has two inputs just use that 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 1209 of 53064, by Stull

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:

I'm really digging the quality of the loopback cable on that 3Dfx card. Nice and heavy. I reckon a lot of the image quality issues with Voodoo 1 cards comes from using rubbish loopback cables.

I've kind of been wondering about the quality of this cable. Hard to go wrong for the price, I guess.

Reply 1210 of 53064, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:

Have these on the way:

Yeah I was thinking that. Awhile back I had removed the Banshee from my K6-3 system, and stuck in a S3 Trio64 so I can finally play that pc port of X-Men COTA. Since then I had been waiting to stick a Voodoo 1 or 2 in there,just waiting till I came across something at a good price. All the cheap Voodoo 2 cards on Amazon were grabbed.

Reply 1211 of 53064, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got this bad boy today. Unicomp Classic 104, PS/2 connector, black chassis, and custom dark blue WASD keys. I've never had a mechanical keyboard before and am loving it so far; only downside is that since it's so big, I cant rotate it 30ish degrees during gaming like I would with my old Saitek Eclipse II (which this is replacing). As a result my wrist is a bit tired during gaming; not a huge deal though as I'm going to redo my room soon anyways and move to a big wide table.

tlQtAl.jpg

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 1212 of 53064, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CapnCrunch53 wrote:
Got this bad boy today. Unicomp Classic 104, PS/2 connector, black chassis, and custom dark blue WASD keys. I've never had a mec […]
Show full quote

Got this bad boy today. Unicomp Classic 104, PS/2 connector, black chassis, and custom dark blue WASD keys. I've never had a mechanical keyboard before and am loving it so far; only downside is that since it's so big, I cant rotate it 30ish degrees during gaming like I would with my old Saitek Eclipse II (which this is replacing). As a result my wrist is a bit tired during gaming; not a huge deal though as I'm going to redo my room soon anyways and move to a big wide table.

tlQtAl.jpg

Very nice!

Crimson Tide - EVGA 1000P2; ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS; 2x E5-2697 v3 14C 3.8 GHz on all cores (All core hack); 64GB Samsung DDR4-2133 ECC
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3; EVGA 750 Ti SC; Sound Blaster Z

Reply 1213 of 53064, by memsys

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CapnCrunch53 wrote:
Got this bad boy today. Unicomp Classic 104, PS/2 connector, black chassis, and custom dark blue WASD keys. I've never had a mec […]
Show full quote

tlQtAl.jpg

very nice i myself have an IBM model M with a PS/2 plug and they kick rubber-dome ass! Sadly i can't use it with my main computer (a laptop so that means no PS/2 ports 😒 ) so i use it for one of my retro rigs.
If i were to buy a mechanical keyboard it would be the Unicomp classic 104 with USB or PS/2 depending on if i can use a passive adapter OR the Filco Majestouch-2 Pro with blue or brown switches .

Reply 1214 of 53064, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yay, my Tandy arrived!

pKUxsl.jpg

The outside is a bit dusty and grimy, but the inside is just immaculate! Like it's been in a box for 25 years!

yHaEQl.jpg
FQdeEl.jpg

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1215 of 53064, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After a little cleaning that thing will look tip top. Good grab there. As for me, that one batch of cards arrived today, and the guy included a free bee trident pci card that has svideo and composite out. Installed the Voodoo 1 in my SS7 system, been trying it out, so far so good. The Voodoo 1 looked new and totally unused. Such a treasure. 😀

Reply 1216 of 53064, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I recently aquired another TUSL2-C, a GF4 card and about 8 10gig or 20gig harddrives for about €30.
And from a neighbour I got an old IBM P75 computer which I am currently unable to open to see what soundcard is inside

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 1218 of 53064, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RichB93 wrote:

Picked up a G400 16MB for about £5 and a G400 MAX 32MB for £9 😁

Good job. I love it when someone gets a bargain. Anyone can get things if they are willing to overpay but finding deals makes the acquisition feel a little bit better, somehow.

Reply 1219 of 53064, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Absolutely. I don't see the point paying over the odds for something because someone thinks that because its old it's worth a bomb.

A few years ago I picked up a brand new (sealed) Guillemot MaxiGamer 2 8MB Voodoo 2 SLI pack for less than £10! 😮