Reply 2180 of 52812, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Pingaloka wrote:
Finally I've been looking for this baby at a decent price for a time now! […]
Show full quote

Finally I've been looking for this baby at a decent price for a time now!

Just bought this Roland Mt-32 from a guy in my hometown. 50€
The module shows signs of use but all in all it looks pretty good.

I know is not the cheapest price, but still, is better than the ones I had looked at before. AT least I know this one works perfectly!

cimg6223r.jpg

Did it come with a power supply? Finding one for a good price with the original power supply can sometimes be a PITA. Around a quarter of the ones I see for sale on ebay specifically state 'power supply not included'.

Reply 2181 of 52812, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

Did it come with a power supply? Finding one for a good price with the original power supply can sometimes be a PITA. Around a quarter of the ones I see for sale on ebay specifically state 'power supply not included'.

isn't it just a standard wall-wart?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 2182 of 52812, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:
sliderider wrote:

I don't know, is it? Even if it is, it's still a pain to have to source one separately.

Reply 2183 of 52812, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's not quite standard. Yeah, it takes 9VDC, ~700ma or better, with a regular barrel plug, but the polarity is reversed... it's negative tip, positive ring.

But it happens to be the same as the bricks for old Sega and Nintendo systems, and it's not really difficult to find one of those.

Reply 2184 of 52812, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:

Yes very much so. With every country having a different plug and the extra weight for shipping it makes sense not to include it.

Just make sure it has enough current. The MT-32 only draws 650mA, but if you have the CM-64 you need a beefier one with over 1A.

There are cheap replacements on eBay. The Sega Mega Drive / Genesis adapter also fits and so do cheap eBay replacements. I got five all up and they are rated at 1500mA.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2185 of 52812, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Picked up yesterday.

Pentium 166MMX
S3 Virge Legend
P5T30-B4 Motherboard
1.7GB Hard disk
Coexant PCI modem
Avance Logic Soundcard
48 Megs of Ram.
KTX 14 inch monitor
Keyboard/Mouse
Windows 95

30xa54o.jpg
35bfr15.jpg
2zxqatt.jpg

Reply 2186 of 52812, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice! I remember when TPG used to make computers, their ads were on the back page of APC magazine.

Ah, the days...

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2187 of 52812, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
Pingaloka wrote:
Finally I've been looking for this baby at a decent price for a time now! […]
Show full quote

Finally I've been looking for this baby at a decent price for a time now!

Just bought this Roland Mt-32 from a guy in my hometown. 50€
The module shows signs of use but all in all it looks pretty good.

I know is not the cheapest price, but still, is better than the ones I had looked at before. AT least I know this one works perfectly!

cimg6223r.jpg

No Power Supply, but I have an extra one laying around. It is one of those PS where you can change the voltage + polarity and it works great.

Reply 2188 of 52812, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's a nice PC rgart. I'm sure I saw it on eBay. Good to see it's going to a good home. Having PS/2 is nice and with all the Cache options is a definite keeper 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2190 of 52812, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Snagged a few cards on eBay last night, one of those 'package lot' sorta listings. These two are what caught my eye, a Mach32 ISA and a SB32 CT3930:

33uewpk.jpg

You can also see part of a CT3600 in the pic, plus there were two AHA-1522a SCSI cards

Reply 2193 of 52812, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3 DOS compatibility cards for the PowerMacs 6100, 7100 and 8100 from Reply Corp. with the 5x86 CPUs you all know and love 😀
6100-7100-8100-dos-comp-cards.jpg

Product webpages:
http://web.archive.org/web/19961113202659/htt … com/dom6100.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/19961113202725/htt … com/dom7100.htm

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 2195 of 52812, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151038277331

I feel I paid a bit too much. That said, I only have maybe one motherboard left that I will "sell a kidney to have". The Asus P65UP8. I know it says "not working" but the guy didn't know the board requires 2 identical dimms before it will post. About an hour on the phone it took me to get him to do it. 😜 oh well. I might use this board instead of my dual p3 xeon as my router. Who knows.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 2196 of 52812, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

Let me guess. Macmetex? He's been trying to sell those cards for a long time. I'm actually surprised it took this long for them to sell.

Good guess, I was looking for a Cyrix 5x86 or a clone with a voltage converter for the 6100 DOS card I own, getting a new card was cheaper...

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 2197 of 52812, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just got this for Japan.
I'm planning on building a second rig on a Socket 7 motherboard. The one I have wouldn't accept Pentium MMX or Am-K6-2.

A boxed POWERLEAP PL-PRO/MMX Plus. It came with 2 different CPUs. A 233MMX and an Am-K6-2 300mhz

cimg6257j.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
cimg6261.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
cimg6265.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply 2198 of 52812, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Pingaloka wrote:

Just got this for Japan.
I'm planning on building a second rig on a Socket 7 motherboard. The one I have wouldn't accept Pentium MMX or Am-K6-2.

Cool! But wouldn't it have just been easier to get a different motherboard?

Reply 2199 of 52812, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmofo wrote:
Pingaloka wrote:

Just got this for Japan.

Cool! But wouldn't it have just been easier to get a different motherboard?

🤣

Trailing edge computing.