Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 4040 of 52860, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jan3Sobieski wrote:

Guys, doesn't the first card look like a Neon 250 PCI verion? In which case it should actually be pretty valuable?

I'd love to trade you for this card 🤣

It seems to be a pixel perfect Gc-vrp32.
Looks like this one is a rare bird too.

FM sound card comparison on a Grand Scale!!
The Grand OPL3 Comparison Run.

Reply 4041 of 52860, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jan3Sobieski wrote:

Guys, doesn't the first card look like a Neon 250 PCI verion? In which case it should actually be pretty valuable?

I'd love to trade you for this card 🤣

It is the Neon 250 PCI!!

This is probably one of the greatest dump finds I've heard about. Gratz with a very rare and valuable card.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 4042 of 52860, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

to ebay with it!!!!

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 4043 of 52860, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Holy Shiz. Talk about luck!! Nice work!

Also... Leave now and immediately buy a lottery ticket.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 4044 of 52860, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's unfortunate the blue card has 2 bulging caps though.
I happened to be looking into the fx5800 yesterday and apparently none were being offered for sale neither locally nor on ebay.
That card is legendary (but only if it has the original cooler still mounted on it 😜 )

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4045 of 52860, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

I happened to be looking into the fx5800 yesterday and apparently none were being offered for sale neither locally nor on ebay.
That card is legendary (but only if it has the original cooler still mounted on it 😜 )

Those caps seem easy to replace though

As for the fx5800 there are ultras on ebay. Or are you looking at the regular version? here

Reply 4047 of 52860, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jan3Sobieski wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

As for the fx5800 there are ultras on ebay. Or are you looking at the regular version? here

I already have 3 fx5900's laying around here, I was merely looking if any with the very loud stock dustbustercoolers were being sold.
fx5800 dustbusterversion + scsi drives + dragon orb = profit 🤣

Report spammers here!

Reply 4048 of 52860, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
Jan3Sobieski wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

I already have 3 fx5900's laying around here, I was merely looking if any with the very loud stock dustbustercoolers were being sold.
fx5800 dustbusterversion + scsi drives + dragon orb = profit 🤣

Haha, gotcha! 😀

Reply 4049 of 52860, by Liqu1d82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello to all!

Today I've received two motherboards: ECS Elite UM8810PAIO rev. 2.0 along with CPU 486 DX-2 80MHz (Texas Instruments) and ASUS CUV4X-D Dual Socket 370.

10413973_657833394292897_579197310_n.jpg

10449063_1439815136273461_233470720_n.jpg

sig.gif
Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.
http://liqu1d82.tumblr.com [My Tumblr] // https://twitter.com/Liqu1d82 [My Twitter]

Reply 4052 of 52860, by tokyoracer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This just arrived today:

IBM 5160 (was expecting a 5150 but it's still cool)...

20140606_113324_zpsd73b9169.jpg

20140606_112359_zps73693bb1.jpg

Just got to figure out why there's no display. It seems to beep (after some time) and responds to keyboard presses. Hoping it might be a video card issue, or worst case a monitor fault.

Reply 4053 of 52860, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

TurtleBeach Tropez
TurtleBeach MonteCarlo
20140606_007.jpg.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 4054 of 52860, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Today I got 2 old computer cases, both partially complete systems.
One case is a silver one exactly like the one used for my Slot 1 rambus rig and the other one a beige case with some blue in it (bit yellowed, but that's alright).
Bought both of them "untested" for 12,50 euro each and I knew the beige one had a good brand PSU as I recognized it as an AOpen brand with a LED 12cm fan (I knew because I bought the exact same PSU new years ago) and my suspicion turned out to be correct 😀

The beige case was very dusty though, including the PSU. Luckily the dust was very powdery so it was easy to brush off outside (lots of dustclouds so I had to use a piece of cloth to cover my nose and mouth). It's an AO300=12APNF and inside all is looking alright.

The motherboard turned out to be an ASUS A7V8X-X and underneath the large copper-slugged Spire cooler (8cm) was an Athlon XP 2700+. Nice as it's the second fastest Athlon XP I have now 😀 Some generic 512MB double sided DDR333 modules were also included.

The previous owner obviously used this as somekind of workstation as it had only an FX5200 64bit graphics card in it and no less then 2 USB PCI cards along with a USB front thingy with 4 more USB ports (who the hell needs over 10 USB ports anyway? 🤣! ). Except for the dust, everything looks to be in working condition.

The other silvery case was nearly empty. Crappy powmax PSU which will go in the trash as soon as I remove it from it's case.
The only other thing of value in it is another ASUS board: P4P800 without a CPU but theres still a very large s478 HSF left (obviously someone else in the thrift store had stolen all the other goods)

Not bad for 25 euro in total, if the ASUS P4P800 board works, I already have all my money's worth back and all the extra stuff is exactly that, extra 😁

I don't know why, but for me taking apart an old unknown system is like christmas or something 😁
I still need to test all this stuff though 😜

And I'm sorry for the lack of pics, for some reason my camera can't take any sharp pictures anymore.

Report spammers here!

Reply 4055 of 52860, by Slaventus86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VooDooMan wrote:
I found those cards in the dumpster... […]
Show full quote

I found those cards in the dumpster...

eab554adddf2.jpg

Hmm, blue card seems to be XGI Volari V8, isn't it? That must be rare card

And what is so special about Winfast yellow card?

But Neon 250... This is just amazing!

Videocard Virtual Museum

Reply 4056 of 52860, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

good ISA cards are quite expensive these days.

Sometimes, sometimes not. Bought a Soundblaster 16 pro pnp the other day for aprox. 3.66 us-dollars.
No packaging, no software, no nothing. Just the card. I am really surprised that it work in games.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 4057 of 52860, by Lennart

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I received a Korg NS5R a couple of days ago. It was on my wishlist for quite some time, so I'm really happy to have one now. 😀

IMG_20140606_212450.jpg

I haven't found the time yet to use it extensively, but so far I'm quite impressed by how it sounds. And if you grow tired of the built-in Korg synthesizer, there's also room for a daughterboard as you can see. 😀

IMG_20140606_214440.jpg

Reply 4058 of 52860, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tokyoracer wrote:

This just arrived today:

IBM 5160 (was expecting a 5150 but it's still cool)...

Just got to figure out why there's no display. It seems to beep (after some time) and responds to keyboard presses. Hoping it might be a video card issue, or worst case a monitor fault.

Very cool! Congrats....original matching keyboard and monitor too...awesome....hope you figure out the display problem....it would be a shame to lose such a rare gem of a monitor like that.

Lennart wrote:

I received a Korg NS5R a couple of days ago. It was on my wishlist for quite some time, so I'm really happy to have one now. 😀

I haven't found the time yet to use it extensively, but so far I'm quite impressed by how it sounds. And if you grow tired of the built-in Korg synthesizer, there's also room for a daughterboard as you can see. 😀

The option to have a daughter board is just amazing....did it come with the yamaha DB50XG as a surprise or did you add that in?

This unit would make a great addition to a Yamaha MUXX and Roland SC-XX and MT-32 collection!

Reply 4059 of 52860, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VooDooMan wrote:
Hello! […]
Show full quote

Hello!

I found those cards in the dumpster...

I have no more space to keep them, so I decided to take some photos before I throw them away 😉

Anybody knows what they are?

It's a pity I couldn't find anybody who would like to trade with me 🙁

Regards.

Kind of strange that you would throw away a cool haul of old cards like that 😕 . I would keep them or just sell them on eBay at least or give them away to people like me that would gladly needlessly hoard them away with the rest of my retro collection 🤣