VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 6720 of 52813, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On Adlib box label "Midi kit 1/2 price". What does it mean? Adlib doesn't have midi port.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 6721 of 52813, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
easy_john wrote:

On Adlib box label "Midi kit 1/2 price". What does it mean? Adlib doesn't have midi port.

Label says:

"Kit includes a Roland MPU-401 compatible MIDI Interface card with cables, and the best selling Visual Composer & MIDI Supplement, the easy-to-use composition and sequencing software."

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 6724 of 52813, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Marmes wrote:

artex, I think you need to buy more stuff. There is a lot of room yet to be filled.

Better than this I suppose...
hoarding_unsanitary.jpg

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 6725 of 52813, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You should sign up for one of those "reality shows" where you go to a Pawn Shop and have one of the so called "experts" take a guess how much its worth 😉

Would be an interesting episode!

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 6726 of 52813, by tokroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vetz wrote:

You should sign up for one of those "reality shows" where you go to a Pawn Shop and have one of the so called "experts" take a guess how much its worth 😉

I've been waitin that episode too... "well, I don't know enough about these, can I call my friend who knows EVERYTHING about this stuff?" Yeah right 😁

Reply 6727 of 52813, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

friend who knows everything: yeah, it's an AdLib , the 1st serious pc sound card... not much of a value since a 5$ SB can do what it does so it's gonna sit on the self for some time before a collector ever comes in and I'm gonna lose money so I'll give you 30$ for it because the box is tattered and it'll take some time to push it plus I've got a business and don't really trust eBay for prices... I understand the emotional value but we don't sell memories here plus it's a specialized computer item and people don't come here looking for these.

Next week the card gets sold for a 300$ and the funds get used to buy Black Beard's saber from an old lady with diabetes.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 6729 of 52813, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tokroger wrote:
vetz wrote:

I've been waitin that episode too... "well, I don't know enough about these, can I call my friend who knows EVERYTHING about this stuff?" Yeah right 😁

They'd have to call Artex himself though if they want an expert. 🤣

Reply 6730 of 52813, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dexter311 wrote:
tokroger wrote:
vetz wrote:

They'd have to call Artex himself though if they want an expert. 🤣

I'm far from an expert on this stuff. I know a lot about about certain things and a little about a lot of things. I learn from the best of the best here on VOGONS of course... 😎

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 6732 of 52813, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

One of the thinks I enjoy about this site is the fact that we are all pretty much just real people with some expertise and experience in certain areas. Learn something new every day here!

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 6734 of 52813, by tokroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

soviet conscript: very nice find... That Colt is all new to me. Here in Finland they didn't sold that, never seen one. If I think hard, never seen Commodore PC neither. It were rare in PC market here when C64 and Amiga were leaders in homecomputing.

Reply 6735 of 52813, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought some nice stuff:

Boxed voodoo 5500 pci mac edition flashed to pc (will arrive next week). Most i ever paid for a voodoo.... but much less than ebay. (80 euro)

Voodoo3 2000 Agp (13 euro)

Thrift store hunting: Diamond TNT2 ultra, Geforce3 ti200 (fully working, 4 euro for the 2 cards)

Asus TX97-E socket 7 with unknown cpu and ram (15 euro, will arrive next week)

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 6737 of 52813, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, 8088. Has some interesting features like built in CGA and a mouse port for an amiga style mouse. Also has a built in ide-xt interface. No hard drive in it though.