User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cyrix200+ wrote:
Two more pacakages arrived today, again from local sellers: […]
Show full quote

Two more pacakages arrived today, again from local sellers:

Socket 7 board, Intel FX chipset, it's a 'BCM SQ595'. Good tech support, the site is still up! http://www.bcmcom.com/tech/sq595/tech595.htm . The CPU is a 75MHz Pentium
c4VO3Sql.jpg?1

486 VLB board, Gemlight? GMB-486UNP V2.2, with Intel 486 DX2 66MHz
pY4JvT6l.jpg

486 PCI board, UMC chipset, removed barrel battery but quite some acid damage near the keyboard connector unfortunately. No markings on the board, but good silkscreened settings on it fortunately.
0EfUJgEl.jpg

386 motherboard, AMD 386 DX-40, again removed barrel but again acid damage 🙁 I also think some cache chips are missing? No markings to tell brand or type...
tHPeKzZl.jpg?1

Various memory and 2 CPU's, Intel 486 SX 33 and Pentium 100
FEVbwC8l.jpg?1

Very nice haul! Especially for a fellow Dutch person! Well done mate! 😁
I checked your memory and it looks like nothing particularly special, except for its utter crappyness 🤣!
I dunno about the SIMM that's way in the top part of your pic, but for the rest it doesn't appear there's any 16MB or 32MB SIMMs in your lot, but those 16MB SDRAM modules are kinda fun, as I've noticed these were actually much harder to find than those double sided 32MB modules with 8 chips/side 😜

Do you have any idea about which board your UMC s3 is? There should be markings somewhere on that PCB. And thank god many of the boards of that era had relatively good silkscreening (though still 486 is one hell of a ride to jumper correctly 🤣!

brassicGamer wrote:
Great to see so much 486 gear still being found. […]
Show full quote

Great to see so much 486 gear still being found.

My second AGP-era PCI card in the last week: found this for £1 at a boot sale:

20160813_130117-1600x900.jpg

PowerVR Kyro based card. Hard to find apparently. Thanks to amoretro.de for the info.

Seconded about that 486 stuff still being around.

And you got yourself a good deal also. Most of these are AGP (obviously), but these do used to appear from time to time, I guess these aren't extremely rare and not as wanted as 3DFX. I hope you'll enjoy your newest addition to your collection 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 13321 of 52785, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
rein_ein wrote:
Well seems today was a good day,in flea market i got: […]
Show full quote

Well seems today was a good day,in flea market i got:

<snip>

TEKRAM DC-680C Cache Controller with ram

GTdb27Pl.jpg

<snip>

WOW! So these -DO- Exist? I've been trying to hunt one down for years.. and all I've seen were photos online and tech articles about it. I guess they actually were a mass sold item.. just must of not sold very well.

Reply 13322 of 52785, by mrau

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kithylin wrote:

WOW! So these -DO- Exist? I've been trying to hunt one down for years.. and all I've seen were photos online and tech articles about it. I guess they actually were a mass sold item.. just must of not sold very well.

they are not batt-backed - no go
also someone here made a test - they were slower than many others from that time, even without cache;

Reply 13323 of 52785, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kithylin wrote:
rein_ein wrote:
Show full quote

<snip>

GTdb27Pl.jpg

<snip>

I also have two of them there.. Have different versions of the VLB variant, and one or two of those with a normal ISA connector.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 13324 of 52785, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kithylin wrote:
rein_ein wrote:
Show full quote

<snip>

GTdb27Pl.jpg

<snip>

They are not to have but are just too costly most of the time so don't bother unless luck is in your favor. There should be a few caching ide isa controllers out there as well but have yet to find one myself. They don't do much good for fast drives so the common pleb stuff is all that one needs.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 13325 of 52785, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The memory came for free with two of the mainboards, so no loss 😀. I have so much memory now, I just toss it in a box (not really toss, but i wrap it in an anti-static bag and it it in a box). The 486 SX 33 is issing one pin unfortunately : ( it was also added for free, so that's okay.

I will try and have a good look at the S3 UMC board again tomorrow (or get it to post so I can get the BIOS string).

Tetrium wrote:
... Very nice haul! Especially for a fellow Dutch person! Well done mate! :D I checked your memory and it looks like nothing par […]
Show full quote

I checked your memory and it looks like nothing particularly special, except for its utter crappyness 🤣!
I dunno about the SIMM that's way in the top part of your pic, but for the rest it doesn't appear there's any 16MB or 32MB SIMMs in your lot, but those 16MB SDRAM modules are kinda fun, as I've noticed these were actually much harder to find than those double sided 32MB modules with 8 chips/side 😜

Do you have any idea about which board your UMC s3 is? There should be markings somewhere on that PCB. And thank god many of the boards of that era had relatively good silkscreening (though still 486 is one hell of a ride to jumper correctly 🤣!

1982 to 2001

Reply 13326 of 52785, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So pics coming soon! (I hope. . .stupid work) but picked up THREE complete pc's from Value Village. A Compaq A64 Presario, with a twist! After market black psu, asus am3 matx motherboard, ADATA 4gb of ddr1333, unknown black aftermarket psu, and a 1gb HD6450 with a legit windows 7 install on a 250gb sata drive. Cost? $6. Second up! a Cooler Master Ultra light case with a modular psu, lga775 intel 945 ECS motherboard with 2gb of OCZ ram for $10. And last but not least, black Antec case w/380watt antec sata psu. OCZ ram, Intel P4 atx motherboard, some really nice disc drives, also $10.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 13327 of 52785, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

With some information from the seller I have found out that is is probably an ADI Corp F4DXP-UC5D (http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/adi/f4dxp-uc5d/index.html)

Tetrium wrote:
Very nice haul! Especially for a fellow Dutch person! Well done mate! :D I checked your memory and it looks like nothing particu […]
Show full quote

1982 to 2001

Reply 13332 of 52785, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks like Lenin. 😀

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 13333 of 52785, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got a little haul, yesterday. And when I say little, I mean it in the same way they call the giant, bald guy in the muscle-Tee "Tiny." The seller actually knocked some off the price if I took the other monitor he had, too which is some sort of old NEC from 1992 that I'm having trouble finding info for.

This baby came with the original manual, and a cable, but the cable is DB9-to-BNC so I can't use that.

Funnily enough, I once had a Hitachi branded monitor with this exact make-up, except it had a 13W3 connector instead of BNC.

Attachments

• IMG_20160813_150712.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_20160813_150712.jpg
    File size
    1.1 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    Diamondscan 20C
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_20160813_150655.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_20160813_150655.jpg
    File size
    969.77 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Diamondscan 20C
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 13334 of 52785, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kithylin wrote:
rein_ein wrote:
Show full quote

<snip>

GTdb27Pl.jpg

<snip>

I have one also but its a 680CD with version 2.06 ROM (has an extra IDE port for CDROM I think).

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 13335 of 52785, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Logistics wrote:

Got a little haul, yesterday. And when I say little, I mean it in the same way they call the giant, bald guy in the muscle-Tee "Tiny." The seller actually knocked some off the price if I took the other monitor he had, too which is some sort of old NEC from 1992 that I'm having trouble finding info for.

This baby came with the original manual, and a cable, but the cable is DB9-to-BNC so I can't use that.

Funnily enough, I once had a Hitachi branded monitor with this exact make-up, except it had a 13W3 connector instead of BNC.

The Diamondscan 20 was used with AVID editing systems and from what I remember it also syncs with Amiga built in video.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 13336 of 52785, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Unknown_K wrote:
Logistics wrote:

The Diamondscan 20 was used with AVID editing systems and from what I remember it also syncs with Amiga built in video.

Ironically, I have the 20C which does sync at about 15kHz as you mentioned, and can be used with Amigas and other systems. There are two other versions which do not. I think there are several consoles I can use it with, but they may require an IC to give them composite sync.

Reply 13337 of 52785, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Recently i bought a couple of socket 478 boards for 1€ each. Unlike i stated earlier the ecs p4vxasd2+ has an universal agp slot, the other one is a matsonic ms-9147c which is a clone board. These are counterfeit boards with a fake chipset, i already suspected that since they support sdr ram. According to the manual they feature the via p4x333 but the chipset actually is the p4x266 so no 533 mhz bus support and no ddr 333 ram either. The pci and agp are actually overclocked when you set the bus to 133 that's why the boards didn't boot with the savage 3d, now i've tested an ati rage pro and works fine at 400 mhz fsb. Both boards actually were unstable at 533 fsb when tested with the geforce2 mx and a pentium 4 2.4 ghz but at least they booted.
(there's a cardboard box below the mobo in the picture)

P7191390_zpspwupazjt.jpg

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 13338 of 52785, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dondiego wrote:
Recently i bought a couple of socket 478 boards for 1€ each. Unlike i stated earlier the ecs p4vxasd2+ has an universal agp slot […]
Show full quote

Recently i bought a couple of socket 478 boards for 1€ each. Unlike i stated earlier the ecs p4vxasd2+ has an universal agp slot, the other one is a matsonic ms-9147c which is a clone board. These are counterfeit boards with a fake chipset, i already suspected that since they support sdr ram. According to the manual they feature the via p4x333 but the chipset actually is the p4x266 so no 533 mhz bus support and no ddr 333 ram either. The pci and agp are actually overclocked when you set the bus to 133 that's why the boards didn't boot with the savage 3d, now i've tested an ati rage pro and works fine at 400 mhz fsb. Both boards actually were unstable at 533 fsb when tested with the geforce2 mx and a pentium 4 2.4 ghz but at least they booted.
(there's a cardboard box below the mobo in the picture)

P7191390_zpspwupazjt.jpg

i remember having a P4VXAS2+ and worked stable with 533 FSB CPUs, also there are an updated version of the P4X266 called P4X266A which adds FSB 533 support, but still keeps the same AGP 4x and DDR200/266 support as the older P4X266

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 13339 of 52785, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah i've read that it worked for some people, may be some boards had the p4x266a then.

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)